At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Department
Sales Operations, Account Executives, Channel Account Managers, Business Development Representatives, Solution Engineers and Customer Success - all working together to help our customers adopt Cloudflare and create great Internet-enabled experiences. The sales team at Cloudflare helps customers solve real, technical problems while creating the revenue streams that help the company provide free service to millions in our community.
What You'll Do:
Cloudflare is looking for a dynamic and passionate professional to join our Sales Operations team to support our ever-growing Global Solution Engineer Team. Solution Engineer team is the technical lynchpin through the entire sales cycle - pre and post sales and a critical function to the commercial success of Cloudflare’s Sales Organization. In this role, you will partner with Product, Sales and Marketing organizations to drive programs which improve the efficiency of the Solutions Engineering Team and accomplish strategic goals. You will be the driving force to make things happen. The ideal candidate is process driven, enjoys bringing people together to form an amazing team, and driving them towards successful delivery.
- Develop KPIs, create reporting mechanism, and build out reporting system to track sales effectiveness and efficiency relevant to Solution Engineers, for example: Proof of Concept Process, Onboarding and Implementation Process;
- Compare business performance against KPIs to identify trends and opportunities to improve;
- Support the strategizing and optimization of technical service coverage model including capacity planning, service packaging, role specialization, etc.
- Drive changes in internal workflow design, system implementation and/or process enablement to achieve efficiency gain
- Provide operational and analytical support to Solution Engineer Leadership Team and help shape business decisions using data and insights
- Be the driving force behind strategic initiatives that often run across regions and across functions (e.g. with the rest of the sales organization, and with product and marketing) to help keep the projects on track and complete on time
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- 4+ years experience in B2B Sales Ops, Professional Services, or relevant highly analytical roles; Prior experience as a solution engineer or technical solution delivery engineer a strong plus
- Proven track record in identifying improvement opportunities, conceptualizing the solutions, creating realistic project plans, overseeing execution to meet commitments and deliver with predictability
- Self-starter with outstanding problem-solving skills, highly proficient with Excel
- Proven ability to wear multiple hats, juggle through different projects and manage projects with tight deadlinesFamiliarity with B2B sales process and/or product go-to-market process a strong plus
- Experience engaging and presenting with senior executives, influencing cross-functional teams without authority
- Admin-level experience with project management tools (e.g.Confluence, JIRA) preferred; Basic admin experience with Salesforce.com desired but not required
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.