At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
What You'll Do
In this role, you will build close relationships with key stakeholders both internally and with our partners. You'll understand project priorities and ensure that all technical deliverables are met on a consistent basis. You will also manage the project roadmap and priorities, make tough tactical decisions and build trust with stakeholders by maintaining an understandable, accurate roadmap. You will need to triage bugs and issues that arise with efficacy and expediency and maintain alignment between all teams and stakeholders. A collaborative “can-do” attitude is essential to the job.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge, and experience
- You are intimately familiar with how the Internet works, have experience building Internet-facing applications at scale
- 2 to 5 years of product/program management or equivalent experience with demonstrated ability to drive successful outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to work multidisciplinary. Other stakeholders such as engineering, SRE and executives love working with you, as much as you do with them
- Domain expertise in several of: API integration, application lifecycle management, continuous delivery, web application operations, cloud services
- Demonstrated success in representing the voice of the partner. You must be able to channel many points of view negotiating, cultivating and growing partnerships.
- Self-directed and self-motivated; excellent communicator and collaborator
- Fluent in Mandarin (including technical conversation)
- Ability to travel 25% of the time internationally
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong technical abilities. You are intimately familiar with modern software development practices used to build and deploy applications. You've preferably been working full time on a software delivery team.
- Working knowledge of how the internet works at layers 3 through 7
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.