At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
What You'll Do
Cloudflare's Engineering team depends on many internal tools in order to do their best work - primarily the Atlassian suite of products (currently Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket and various plugins for each). The vast majority of our developer tools are operated on Cloudflare's own internal infrastructure, and as such requires a technical administrator to operate them. The systems owned by this team are highly visible to the entire Cloudflare organization, and used by employees across the world. You would be responsible for owning and operating these tools, with the support of the broader Engineering & Operations organizations. You’re also empowered and expected to use insight, experience and creativity to innovate: find solutions and automation that are elegant, easier to use, easier to operate.
- “Can-do attitude” - we’re here to help the company move forward and be effective. Our default position is to try and help.
- Take pride in owning a system with high availability, performance, and customer satisfaction.
- 3+ years of Linux systems administration experience.
- 1+ years administering the Atlassian suite of tools on-prem (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket)
- Experience with databases (we use Postgres)
- Experience with Configuration Management tools (we use SaltStack)
- Expertise establishing SLOs, SLAs, and strong monitoring systems (we use Prometheus, Grafana, PagerDuty, and the ELK stack)
- Experience developing Disaster Recovery / High Availability architectures and plans
- Experience working with geographically dispersed teams
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Experience administering a Continuous Integration system (we use TeamCity)
- Networking experience (firewalls, routing tables, HTTP debugging), or at least a desire to learn
- Experience developing change management processes that align with industry standard compliance policies
- Experience with external IAM systems (LDAP/GSuite/Okta)
- Experience as a DBA
- Scripting and automation expertise
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.