The Path Forward Return to Work program at Cloudflare is a 16 week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At Cloudflare, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
Cloudflare offers flexibility that we know today’s workers need to be healthy and productive. During the Return to Work program, we offer returnees additional flexibility to make the on-ramp to paid work as smooth as possible.
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today, Cloudflare runs one of the world’s largest distributed networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month, which is nearly 10 percent of all Internet requests worldwide. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code.
Our customers range from Fortune 500 companies and nonprofits to small businesses and budding entrepreneurs. We are working to create a faster, more secure, and more reliable experience for anyone online and given the scale at which we operate, our mission is big. Our team is hard at work shaping the future of the Internet by solving some of its toughest challenges.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
What you'll do
You will work closely with various internal and external stakeholders, like Inventory Planning, Logistics Operations, Procurement, Supply Chain Vendors, and Hardware Engineering through the entire Supply Chain cycle from Procurement to Deployment.
As a Supply Chain Operations Analyst, you will be supporting the Supply Chain and Deployment team to accelerate the worldwide network expansion of Cloudflare. We're serious about building a diverse team. When hiring we look for diversity of experience combined with genuine curiosity for our technology.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Support with logistics & supply chain, maintain data in information systems or databases (JIRA, Excel, etc.).
- Monitor the flow of products, material, and inventory, using web-based logistics information systems to track the flow from origin to final delivery.
- Track supply chain milestones and keep Stakeholders updated.
- Support preparation of commercial and transportation documents and maintain logistics records in accordance with internal and external policies.
- Analyze logistics data, using methods such as data mining, data modeling, or cost or benefit analysis.
- Prepare operational reports on logistics/supply chain performance measures and identify opportunities to improve operational efficiency across supply chain.
- Confer with logistics management to determine ways to optimize service levels, maintain supply-chain efficiency, or minimize cost.
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping throughout the work area, as well as a positive working relationship with all levels of the organization.
- Identify & execute opportunities to increase bandwidth through automation and streamlining of business processes.
- Apply mathematical models of financial or business conditions, and analytic methods or tools to understand, predict, or control logistics operations or processes.
- Support with inventory transactions at warehouse facilities to assess receiving, storage, shipping, or inventory integrity.
- Develop or maintain freight rate databases for use by supply chain departments to determine the most economical modes of transportation.
- Compute reporting metrics, such as on-time delivery rates, order fulfillment rates, or inventory turns.
- Manage systems to ensure that pricing structures adequately reflect logistics costing.
- Write or revise standard operating procedures for supply chain processes.
- A Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering, or a related field. Reminder: this is not a strict requirement at all. Candidates from all walks of life are welcome.
- Track record in leading and executing projects end-to-end.
- Logistics and Supply Chain experience.
- Capable of creating written reports, proposals, processes, and project documentation.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.