At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today, Cloudflare runs one of the world’s largest distributed networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month, which is nearly 10 percent of all Internet requests worldwide. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code.
Our customers range from Fortune 500 companies and nonprofits to small businesses and budding entrepreneurs. We are working to create a faster, more secure, and more reliable experience for anyone online and given the scale at which we operate, our mission is big. Our team is hard at work shaping the future of the Internet by solving some of its toughest challenges.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Department
The Product team at Cloudflare sits at the intersection of software development, design, and business strategy. We shape high-level product goals but also get our hands dirty. We have ultimate responsibility for understanding our client needs, influencing business strategy, feature specification, and working with engineering to develop our software.
Cloudflare customers range from individual consumers to large multinational corporations and they use a wide range of products that help them make their sites and apps faster and more secure. This role is a heavily data-centric role that will be responsible for driving growth and adoption of Cloudflare products.
You are a manager of data engineering/science team looking to move to business focused role (or) a senior/lead data-scientist who is looking to move into Product Management (or) a Product Manager that has driven growth initiatives in SaaS companies and is looking to kick-start a growth team. There will be a lot of hands-on data science work required as part of this role, and you should be comfortable diving into the data to find the areas for growth and then roll up your sleeves and convert that into a specification for our product intelligence infrastructure. You will be joining and leading a small, agile, fast-paced entrepreneurial team that is laying the foundation for data driven growth of our products and services.
What you'll do
- Drive the vision and requirements for building a robust product intelligence infrastructure to support A/B testing and growth initiatives
- Identify and build the growth levers that will promote product adoption and drive customer satisfaction, engagement and usage
- Have a deep understanding of our product and customer data
- Drive global product requirements definition, product planning and product design (including writing PRDs) of new features and enhancements
- Work cross-functionally and with the Product Development team to build and deploy features
- Clearly communicate product benefits to our users and internal stakeholders, both technical and non-technical
- Help define a product vision and strategy, while gathering product requirements - develop a comprehensive product vision and roadmap to deliver on business goals
- Be an expert on the domain, the market, the trends. Evangelize the vision constantly so all stakeholders are aligned, have context and understand where we are going
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- BS degree in a technology-related field
- Experience working with data science for growth
- 4+ years of experience in growth product management, growth data-science or equivalent role
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to manage and lead across highly cross-functional teams
- MS degree in a data-science field, mathematics, computer science or statistics
- Strong understanding of machine learning with experience in implementing large scale machine learning recommendation systems
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94115.