At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the department
Cloudflare is looking to build and grow our Business Intelligence team responsible for building large-scale enterprise data lake and EDW from different sources and enabling various product and business teams such as Marketing, Customer Support, Sales, Finance with key business dashboards/reporting, insights and recommendation models.
About the role
As part of this initiative, we are looking for a Big Data(EDW/Analytics) Engineers to come join Cloudflare and help us build a scalable petabyte scale data lake and EDW using modern tech stack from the ground up. Success in this role comes from marrying a strong data engineering background with product and business acumen to deliver scalable data pipeline and BI solutions that can enable self-service analytics at Cloudflare in a simple and standard manner. This person will also play a crucial role in hiring and growing the business intelligence team in Austin in a rapid manner.
What we look for: Agile Delivery & Execution, Engineering Excellence, Tech Savvy, Business & Product acumen, Creative Problem solver
- Build and Support scalable and reliable data solutions that can enable self-service reporting and advanced analytics at Cloudflare using modern data lake and EDW technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Cloud, NoSQL etc.) in a agile manner.
- Strong understanding of business and product data needs.
- Close partnership with internal stakeholders and partners from Engineering, product, and business(Finance, Sales, Customer Experience, Marketing etc.).
- Active role in hiring and growing the team in Austin with data Engineers, analysts, and data scientists.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or related experience required.
- 3+ years of development experience in Big data space working with Petabytes of data and building large scale data solutions.
- Solid understanding of Google Cloud Platform, Hadoop, Python, Spark, Hive, and Kafka.
- Experience in all aspects of data systems(both Big data and traditional) including data schema design, ETL, aggregation strategy, and performance optimization.
- Capable of working closely with business and product teams to ensure data solutions are aligned with business initiatives and are of high quality.
- Experience in hiring data Engineers preferred.
- Experience in Internet security industry preferred.
What Makes Us Special
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.