The Path Forward Return to Work program at Cloudflare is a 16- week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At CloudFlare, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
CloudFlare offers flexibility that we know today’s workers need to be healthy and productive. During the Return to Work program, we offer returnees additional flexibility to make the on-ramp to paid work as smooth as possible.
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today, Cloudflare runs one of the world’s largest distributed networks that powers more than 1.5 trillion page views each month across 5 million Internet properties. More than 10 percent of all global Internet requests flow through Cloudflare’s network. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code.
Our customers range from Fortune 500 companies and nonprofits to small businesses and budding entrepreneurs. Every day, about 12,000 new customers sign up. We’re working to create a faster, more secure, and more reliable experience for anyone online and given the scale at which we operate, our mission is big. Our team is hard at work shaping the future of the Internet by solving some of its toughest challenges. Come join us.
About the Department
Cloudflare’s Engineering Team builds and runs the software that handles about 10% of HTTP requests on the Internet today. We also build and run the internal tools that builds and runs our software. The Engineering Team is split into two groups: one handles product development and the other handles operations. Product development covers both new features and functionality and scaling our existing software to meet the challenges of a massively growing customer base. The operations team handles one of the world’s largest networks with data centers in 150+ cities worldwide.
About the Role
We are looking to hire an Information Security Compliance Specialist to help build out our San Francisco based Compliance Team. This role will be responsible for working with a wide range of compliance operational matters supporting Cloudflare’s growing business.
At Cloudflare, compliance is seen as an extremely important business function. Not only is it an incredibly important tool to give our customers confidence in our products, but it is also the pathway to a well-tuned, functional Information Security management system and program. We do not believe in tick-box security, for us compliance is a pathway to doing things right. For this reason, we are extremely careful about which programs we commit to and how we integrate them into the business.
This will be a chance to work on real security problems in a Billion dollar business. We guarantee that you won’t get bored. So it should come as no surprise why we need someone who thinks like a hacker too.
- Assist with several of Cloudflare’s major compliance programs from top to bottom
- Collaborate with senior compliance team members to establish and implement appropriate compliance processes (including compliance monitoring)
- Work with external auditors to achieve compliance within agreed timeframes
- Work with Internal teams to achieve and report annually on compliance
- Work to constantly improve our compliance position and status
- Work to integrate lessons from compliance into the business’s security program
- Work as part of the Information Security team on constantly improving security
- Work with the Sales and product teams on compliance/regulatory matters
- Have input into the overall compliance strategy
- Help guide our overall security policy and architecture
- Help drive security awareness and compliance across the business
- Experience with working on compliance programs in a large company: should have been involved in seeing at least one program initiative through from start to finish.
- Familiarity with some of the listed Compliance Frameworks; HIPAA, SSAE16 SOC 2, PCI DSS, PA DSS, ISO 27001 & 27002, ISO 27017 & 27018, FedRAMP, NIST 800-XX, SOX
- Technical background, especially Information Security experience
- Familiar with Security and Risk Management
- Project Management Experience
- Ability to work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders
- Ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
What Makes Us Special
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet. In 2014, we launched Project Galileo, an initiative through which we partner with global NGOs to identify websites at risk of attack and provide the same state-of-the-art mitigation technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost. Project Galileo equips politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work.
You will have the opportunity to work with a smart, motivated team where you will see your contribution daily. Sound like somewhere you’d thrive? We’d love to hear from you. Send us your resume and a short paragraph introducing yourself.
CloudFlare is an internet security and web performance company. All prospective employees will be subject to an extensive background check.
Cloudflare hires the best people based on an evaluation of their abilities and effectiveness. We don't discriminate against employees on the basis of any other personal characteristic or any classification protected by federal, state or local law.