At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today, Cloudflare runs one of the world’s largest distributed networks that powers more than 1.5 trillion pageviews each month across 5 million Internet properties. More than 10 percent of all global Internet requests flow through Cloudflare’s network. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code.
Our customers range from Fortune 500 companies and nonprofits to small businesses and budding entrepreneurs. Every day, about 12,000 new customers sign up. We’re working to create a faster, more secure, and more reliable experience for anyone online and given the scale at which we operate, our mission is big. Our team is hard at work shaping the future of the Internet by solving some of its toughest challenges. Come join us.
About the role: CloudFlare’s Corporate Procurement Manager is responsible for designing and implementing procurement policies and processes, as well as purchasing vital goods and services at optimal pricing. We are looking for a Manager level professional that will be responsible for the tactical execution of the end-to- end procurement process and conducting supplier management activities. Role will function as the internal point of contact for the global procurement.
The key objective of this position is to understand cost drivers of spend, ensure strict adherence to the procure to pay process, leverage buying power while ensuring required service quality and supplier performance are maintained with a high degree of customer (internal business units) satisfaction.
- Develop, lead and execute procurement strategies
- Manage the RFI/ RFQ/ RFP process
- Set up and manage supplier selection process and criteria
- Coordinate with Finance and legal teams to set up standard templates for purchase orders /
- contract agreements
- Design and ensure compliance with purchasing policies across the company
- Set up and manage relationships with local customs clearance agencies
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking
- Be constantly on the lookout for cost efficiency in day-to- day operations through smarter
- BS degree/certification in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or Finance and
- Professional background in purchasing and procurement preferred
- 5+ years of work experience, with at least 3 years managing a team
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and manage teams.
- Excellent leadership, presentation, and influencing skills at both executive and peer level
- Desire to succeed in a data-driven, fast-changing, and entrepreneurial environment
What Makes Us Special
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet. In 2014, we launched Project Galileo, an initiative through which we partner with global NGOs to identify websites at risk of attack and provide the same state-of-the-art mitigation technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost. Project Galileo equips politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work.
Additionally, in 2016, we announced our partnership with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization that works with companies to create 18-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one. With the lofty goal of shaping the future of the Internet, we’re focused on recruiting the best and the brightest, no matter what.
Cloudflare hires the best people based on an evaluation of their abilities and effectiveness. We don't discriminate against employees on the basis of any other personal characteristic or any classification protected by federal, state or local law.