At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today, Cloudflare runs one of the world’s largest distributed networks that powers more than 1.5 trillion pageviews each month across 5 million Internet properties. More than 10 percent of all global Internet requests flow through Cloudflare’s network. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code.
Our customers range from Fortune 500 companies and nonprofits to small businesses and budding entrepreneurs. Every day, about 12,000 new customers sign up. We’re working to create a faster, more secure, and more reliable experience for anyone online and given the scale at which we operate, our mission is big. Our team is hard at work shaping the future of the Internet by solving some of its toughest challenges. Come join us.
About the Department
Account Executives, Business Development Representatives, Solution Engineers, Customer Success, and Sales Operations - all working together help our customers adopt Cloudflare and create great Internet-enabled experiences.
The sales team at Cloudflare helps customers solve real, technical problems while creating the revenue streams that help the company provide free service to millions in our community.
About the Role
Northern Europe is an important region for Cloudflare and our strategic growth plans for 2018 and beyond. We are looking for a team lead to help us invest and grow the area with responsibility for driving Cloudflare's revenue and brand awareness in the region. The team lead will require both strategic and hands on leadership to build out the sales team, market structure, partner strategy and office space. In this role you will be asked to actively sell and close deals while building out the region.
- Drive sales growth through successful leadership, organizational planning, customer service, and outstanding execution of all regional go-to-market programs (sales, customer success, solutions engineering, business development, support and field marketing).
- Design, build and execute strategies for the Northern European market in collaboration with regional and global functional leaders
- Ensure that corporate policy and regulatory initiatives are consistently applied and followed by Northern European team members.
- Outstanding leadership - inspiring interpersonal effectiveness to lead teams, develop talent and effect change. Willing and able to be a “doer” and “influencer”.
- Drive business cadence for forecast calls, functional review meetings, deal review, customer account reviews, weekly team meetings and periodic company-wide kick offs.
- Represent Cloudflare as appropriate at external conferences, media and PR events. Maintain relationships with Economic Bureau of Development and other related associations in the Northern Europe region.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 5+ years of direct B2B selling experience, selling to large enterprise accounts, mixed with 3+ years managing a team.
- 10+ years of direct B2B selling experience.
- Experience managing longer, complex sales cycles.
- Experience selling into Financial Services and/or Media companies, preferably in the Northern European market.
- Basic understanding of computer networking and “how the internet works”.
- Aptitude for learning technical concepts/terms (Technical background in engineering, computer science, or MIS a plus).
- Strong interpersonal communication (verbal and written) and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated; entrepreneurial spirit.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Language skills pertinent to region
- Based from Cloudflare's London office, with travel to see clients and partners in the region as needed
What Makes Us Special
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet. In 2014, we launched Project Galileo, an initiative through which we partner with global NGOs to identify websites at risk of attack and provide the same state-of-the-art mitigation technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost. Project Galileo equips politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work.
Additionally, in 2016, we announced our partnership with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization that works with companies to create 18-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one. With the lofty goal of shaping the future of the Internet, we’re focused on recruiting the best and the brightest, no matter what.
Cloudflare hires the best people based on an evaluation of their abilities and effectiveness. We don't discriminate against employees on the basis of any other personal characteristic or any classification protected by federal, state or local law.