At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today, Cloudflare runs one of the world’s largest distributed networks that powers more than 1.5 trillion page views each month across 7 million Internet properties. More than 10 percent of all global Internet requests flow through Cloudflare’s network. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code.
Our customers range from Fortune 500 companies and nonprofits to small businesses and budding entrepreneurs. Every day, about 12,000 new customers sign up. We’re working to create a faster, more secure, and more reliable experience for anyone online and given the scale at which we operate, our mission is big. Our team is hard at work shaping the future of the Internet by solving some of its toughest challenges. Come join us!
About the Department
Account Executives, Business Development Representatives, Solution Engineers, Customer Success, and Sales Operations - all working together help our customers adopt Cloudflare and create great Internet-enabled experiences.
The sales team at Cloudflare helps customers solve real, technical problems while creating the revenue streams that help the company provide free service to millions in our community.
Job title: Expansion Business Development Representative
About the Role
This is a unique opportunity at Cloudflare. We have 6+ million existing customers on our free, pro, and business plans from all industries that enjoy Cloudflare’s performance and security.
As we launch new products and as our customers’ needs grow, the best-fit plan for some of our customers change. By reaching out to our existing self-serve (Free, Pro and Business) customers and learning more about their business, we sometimes find that they are better suited for our enterprise plan.
Identifying these customers requires strong relationship building skills, understanding customer needs & pain points, and a strong analytical skill set.
We are looking for ownership-oriented team members with excellent communication skills and technical curiosity. The Expansion Business Development Representative (BDR) is an exciting role in which you can build your career around and learn the following aspects:
- Create excellent customer experiences
- Learn customer-centric sales skills
- Become an expert in Cloudflare’s product
- Learn about the Cybersecurity industry
Successful candidates have the possibility of transitioning to other roles in the organisation, especially in mid-market sales, customer success, solutions engineering, and sales operations.
- Develop Enterprise business opportunities from outbound campaigns to existing self-serve or non Enterprise customers.
- Identify self-serve target accounts for outbound sales campaigns
- Liaise with account executives and other BDRs to work on campaigns and target accounts.
- Understand customer needs and develop trustworthy relationships.
- Meet target quota related to a number of qualified opportunities, value of sales pipeline, and closed business.
- Report, track, and manage sales activities and results using Salesforce.com
- Play an active role in the creation and iteration of team processes
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Self-motivated; entrepreneurial spirit
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (verbal & written)
- Aptitude to learn technical concepts/terms
- Salesforce knowledge a plus
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Prior experience as a Business Development Representative would be ideal but we are also looking for new graduates who can take on a fresh new challenge
- Ability to confidently talk to customers from different geos about their requirements and needs.
What Makes Us Special
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet. In 2014, we launched Project Galileo, an initiative through which we partner with global NGOs to identify websites at risk of attack and provide the same state-of-the-art mitigation technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost. Project Galileo equips politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work.
Additionally, in 2016, we announced our partnership with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization that works with companies to create 18-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one. With the lofty goal of shaping the future of the Internet, we’re focused on recruiting the best and the brightest, no matter what.
Cloudflare is a security company. A successful background check is required for employment.
Cloudflare hires the best people based on an evaluation of their abilities and effectiveness. We don't discriminate against employees on the basis of any other personal characteristic or any classification protected by federal, state or local law.