At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today, Cloudflare runs one of the world’s largest distributed networks that powers more than 1.5 trillion page views each month across more than 7 million Internet properties. More than 10 percent of all global Internet requests flow through Cloudflare’s network. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code.
Our customers range from Fortune 500 companies and nonprofits to small businesses and budding entrepreneurs. Every day, about 15,000 new customers sign up. We’re working to create a faster, more secure, and more reliable experience for anyone online and given the scale at which we operate, our mission is big. Our team is hard at work shaping the future of the Internet by solving some of its toughest challenges. Come join us.
In this role, you are the digital public face of the company. The speed, the technical accuracy and the respect you share with the community every day is at the core of whether a prospect chooses to be a Cloudflare advocate. You play a major role because Cloudflare is a deeply authentic brand that aims to differentiate by the high quality of each customer interaction. You come with high standards of social posting etiquette and have direct examples of how to resonate a great brand online.
What you will do:
- Be the face of Cloudflare in key rapid response social channels like Twitter, Facebook and our Cloudflare Community forums
- Manage editorial calendars for marketing communications across multiple social channels
- Synthesize feedback across community channels for internal reporting to key stakeholders
- Provide relevant insights in technical industry forums like StackExchange and HackerNews
- Manage deployment and maintenance of Cloudflare social media properties
- Curate Cloudflare's identity in sites like Wikipedia and Quora
- Manage Cloudflare’s presence on popular review/comparison sites like TrustPilot, IT Central Station, and Capterra
- Continually expand the social pie by finding new social channels to get engagement
- Influence and guide engagement by employees with the community
What you will bring:
- Immense curiosity to learn every intricacy about Cloudflare's business and our expanding feature set
- Tech savviness to relate effectively with our technical audience
- Strong written skills and wisdom about the nuances of a great digital body language
- Direct experience in expanding both company managed communities and third party online communities
- Basic SEO knowledge to ensure that social postings compliment Cloudflare's SEO footprint
- Background in web security, web performance, networking or edge services
- JIRA is one of your happy places
- Experience marketing to a global audience
- You are a Cloudflare customer for your own personal domain
What Makes Us Special
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet. In 2014, we launched Project Galileo, an initiative through which we partner with global NGOs to identify websites at risk of attack and provide the same state-of-the-art mitigation technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost. Project Galileo equips politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work.
Additionally, in 2016, we announced our partnership with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization that works with companies to create 18-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one. With the lofty goal of shaping the future of the Internet, we’re focused on recruiting the best and the brightest, no matter what.
Cloudflare is a security company. A successful background check is required for employment.
Cloudflare hires the best people based on an evaluation of their abilities and effectiveness. We don't discriminate against employees on the basis of any other personal characteristic or any classification protected by federal, state or local law.