At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today, Cloudflare runs one of the world’s largest distributed networks that powers more than 1.5 trillion pageviews each month across 5 million Internet properties. More than 10 percent of all global Internet requests flow through Cloudflare’s network. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code.
Our customers range from Fortune 500 companies and nonprofits to small businesses and budding entrepreneurs. Every day, about 12,000 new customers sign up. We’re working to create a faster, more secure, and more reliable experience for anyone online and given the scale at which we operate, our mission is big. Our team is hard at work shaping the future of the Internet by solving some of its toughest challenges. Come join us.
The Director of Internal Audit is a proven professional that is responsible for CloudFlare’s Enterprise Risk Management processes and implementing Sarbanes/Oxley compliance. This position promotes collaborative auditing to add value to the organization and align internal audit processes with stakeholders. This position is an Individual Contributor who is expected to directly manage an outsourced internal audit team. The internal audit function reports administratively to the VP of Finance and directly to the Audit of the Company's Board of Directors.
- Responsible for all aspects of planning and coordinating Sarbanes-Oxley and internal audit of controls and procedures, investigations, risk assessment and development of internal audit program.
- Work with business partners on implementation, execution, and compliance with process and entity level controls.
- Development of internal audit function in terms of education, planning and reporting. Includes development of Sarbanes-Oxley self-assessment programs for key controls for Finance and IT.
- Actively seek development of new or improved procedures or ideas to create value-add internal controls as well as business process improvements to help enhance over profitability and efficiency.
- Preparation of management reporting to management and Audit Committee.
- Manages the identification and assessment of enterprise risks, including strategic, operational, and key initiative risks, and work with the appropriate teams to balance these risks with rewards and develop action plans to enhance that desired objectives will be achieved.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, or related field
- Certification as CIA or CPA
- Minimum 8 years of experience with focus on Sarbanes-Oxley and internal audit
- Public accounting firm and SaaS company experience preferred.
- Comprehensive understanding and prior experience with design and implementation of accounting policies and procedures and internal controls.
- Proven success in developing and leading a team of peers using a collaborative management style.
- Adept at prioritization, responsiveness and understanding sense of urgency. Ability to work independently and balance multiple projects and processes simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to influence and interact professionally with all levels of the organization. Ability to have very open and clear communication.
- Experience in fast-paced, rapidly growing environment preferred. Must have the ability to roll up his/her sleeves and still enjoy the work. Must have “work hard” attitude, but also enjoy working in a flexible, supportive and energetic environment.
What Makes Us Special
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet. In 2014, we launched Project Galileo, an initiative through which we partner with global NGOs to identify websites at risk of attack and provide the same state-of-the-art mitigation technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost. Project Galileo equips politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work.
Additionally, in 2016, we announced our partnership with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization that works with companies to create 18-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one. With the lofty goal of shaping the future of the Internet, we’re focused on recruiting the best and the brightest, no matter what.
Cloudflare is a security company. A successful background check is required for employment.
Cloudflare hires the best people based on an evaluation of their abilities and effectiveness. We don't discriminate against employees on the basis of any other personal characteristic or any classification protected by federal, state or local law.