Cloudflare seeks a Head of Business Intelligence to build and lead our Business Intelligence team.
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today, Cloudflare runs one of the world’s largest distributed networks that powers more than 1.5 trillion pageviews each month across 7 million Internet properties. More than 10 percent of all global Internet requests flow through Cloudflare’s network. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code.
Our customers range from Fortune 500 companies and nonprofits to small businesses and budding entrepreneurs. Every day, about 16,000 new customers sign up. We’re working to create a faster, more secure, and more reliable experience for anyone online and given the scale at which we operate, our mission is big. Cloudflare provides Performance, Security, Reliability, and Insights to anything connected to Internet.
Our team is hard at work shaping the future of the Internet by solving some of its toughest challenges. Come join us.
As the leader of the Business Intelligence team, responsibilities will include:
- Building and managing a team of data analysts responsible for designing, developing, testing and producing reports and analysis to support business needs
- Building and establishing a business intelligence competency across Cloudflare
- Collaborating with business partners and technology teams to coordinate reporting and process enhancements in response to business needs
- Consolidating and standardizing business analytics across the company and establishing best practices for processes and report generation
- Overseeing reporting, analytics, data exploration and preparation
- Establishing and maintaining data integrity and transparency to increase data confidence across all business units
- Partnering with technology and data management teams on developing requirements for data acquisition and analysis
- Establish and optimizing data warehousing for efficient reporting
- Establishing key performance indicators and management dashboards to provide actionable and timely business insights
- Implementing GRC (Governance, Risk, Compliance) aspects of BI and data management
Extensive expertise in SaaS and/or Enterprise Software preferred
- 10+ years of experience leading a team of Business Intelligence Analysts
- Experience implementing data warehouse/lake, data visualization architecture, and data modeling solutions
- Intimately familiar with basic and advanced web analytics collection and reporting including custom event tracking
- Experience designing and building KPI dashboards for various internal constituents
- Experience in and understanding of a wide variety of analytical processes (governance, measurement, etc.).
- Proven strong experience in BI implementation
- Experience with agile software development
General business skills:
- Proven ability to establish and articulate a vision, set goals, develop and execute strategies, and track and measure results
- Extensive experience interacting with C-level executives
- Experience managing cross-department BI projects and teams
- Pro-activity in sharing data and potential challenges across departments
- Proven skills to work effectively across internal functional areas in ambiguous situations
- Strong leadership skills within the project team and in the business community
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What Makes Us Special
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet. In 2014, we launched Project Galileo, an initiative through which we partner with global NGOs to identify websites at risk of attack and provide the same state-of-the-art mitigation technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost. Project Galileo equips politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work.
Additionally, in 2016, we announced our partnership with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization that works with companies to create 18-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one. With the lofty goal of shaping the future of the Internet, we’re focused on recruiting the best and the brightest, no matter what.
Cloudflare is a security company. A successful background check is required for employment.
Cloudflare hires the best people based on an evaluation of their abilities and effectiveness. We don't discriminate against employees on the basis of any other personal characteristic or any classification protected by federal, state or local law.