At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today, Cloudflare runs one of the world’s largest distributed networks that powers more than 1.5 trillion pageviews each month across 5 million Internet properties. More than 10 percent of all global Internet requests flow through Cloudflare’s network. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code.
Our customers range from Fortune 500 companies and nonprofits to small businesses and budding entrepreneurs. Every day, about 12,000 new customers sign up. We’re working to create a faster, more secure, and more reliable experience for anyone online and given the scale at which we operate, our mission is big. Our team is hard at work shaping the future of the Internet by solving some of its toughest challenges. Come join us.
Cloudflare is a rapidly growing global company and there is nothing more important to us than delivering to our users an exceptional native experience across all languages, cultures and platforms. We are looking for an experienced Globalization Quality and Vendor Manager to orchestrate a high performance team of vendors and linguists.
You will be responsible for the voice and tone of Cloudflare. You understand the needs of our business and ensure that they are reflected accurately, appropriately and effectively in the localized content. In addition, you will work with in-country teams to gather multilingual content requirements and codify them in contracts, driving process and quality compliance. You own the overall relationship with the localization vendors and ensure a regular dialogue on strategic elements of the relationship, including performance criteria such as quality, delivery and cost.
What you will do:
- Design and implement efficient and scalable linguistic quality frameworks for multiple products, domains and diverse content types across Cloudflare
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to fit linguistic requirements addressed in the end-to-end localization process
- Engage and build relationship with stakeholders to implement their linguistic quality requirements and the localization process is well understood
- Collaborate with vendors and linguists to ensure that language requirements from technical and linguistic perspectives are understood and supported
- Ensure the localization glossaries/terms and style guides up to date and audience appropriate
- Manage a team of vendors and linguists for 10+ languages and oversee workload distribution and productivity performance
- Own the overall localization vendor strategy for Cloudflare
- Negotiate localization vendor contracts and manage compliance through airtight SLAs
- Drive and track vendor performance through data and metrics
- In addition to quality and vendors, you will also manage end-to-end localization projects as needed
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience required. Master’s degree preferred
- Native fluency in at least one foreign language and culture required
- Minimum 3+ years of vendor management experience, ideally on the client side
- Understanding of common platforms, web development technologies, translation management systems, Adobe creative suite and various localization file types required
- Very familiar with the localization industry and vendor landscape
- Experience negotiating, writing and enacting contracts (from RFP to signature)
- Culturally aware and highly effective in engaging and working with a diverse team
- Passionate about Cloudflare and our mission
What Makes Us Special
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet. In 2014, we launched Project Galileo, an initiative through which we partner with global NGOs to identify websites at risk of attack and provide the same state-of-the-art mitigation technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost. Project Galileo equips politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work
Additionally, in 2016, we announced our partnership with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization that works with companies to create 18-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one. With the lofty goal of shaping the future of the Internet, we’re focused on recruiting the best and the brightest, no matter what.
Cloudflare is a security company. A successful background check is required for employment.
Cloudflare hires the best people based on an evaluation of their abilities and effectiveness. We don't discriminate against employees on the basis of any other personal characteristic or any classification protected by federal, state or local law.