At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today, Cloudflare runs one of the world’s largest distributed networks that powers more than 1.5 trillion page views each month across 6.5 million Internet properties. More than 10 percent of all global Internet requests flow through Cloudflare’s network. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code.
Our team is hard at work shaping the future of the Internet by solving some of its toughest challenges. We believe in solving real problems by granting individuals and teams ownership and autonomy. If you want to make the Internet better by working with talented coworkers to solve hard problems at scale, Cloudflare is where you belong.
About the Department
We believe that the future of Internet infrastructure isn’t regions or availability zones. We believe developers want their code running everywhere, near every user. To accomplish that we have to safely sandbox performance-critical, untrusted, code. We also have to build a world-class developer experience we’re proud to have our friends and coworkers use every day. Finally, we are responsible for creating the e-commerce experience which helps a site owner find the apps they need, and get them installed.
As a member of our growing team of engineers your responsibilities include:
- Ship product features to the millions of sites which use Cloudflare every day.
- Be an entrepreneur and a visionary for your portion of the platform. Take responsibility for ensuring that what you build delights customers and achieves the goals of the team and the organization.
- Work with talented peers by submitting and reviewing pull requests, engaging in design discussions, and teaming up to tackle new projects.
- Advocate for how the product and the team can work better.
Members of our team are responsible for:
- Building APIs which are both simple and powerful allowing developers to build tools utilizing more of Cloudflare and more of the web browser.
- Improving the experience of installing Cloudflare Apps and Workers. This includes tools like our Live App Preview, our app listing, ratings, reviews and app recommendations.
- Integrating our systems with v8 to execute code safely on the edge.
- Work on the distributed data stores and analytics tools required to monitor and support services at our scale.
- Build the developer tools required to delight developers who have the entire spectrum of technical ability as they build workers.
- Working with app creators to see that their apps are easy to use, well designed, and secure.
- Building open source projects to share what we learn and share the power and value of the Cloudflare Platform.
You are user-focused and thrive in a fast-paced and goal-driven environment. You consider building reliable and capable software to be just the first step in solving user problems. You are confident building software which works reliably because you’ve made many of the mistakes already. You’d rather ship than overengineer. You have a passion for growing yourself and your teammates and always have your sights set on getting better. You strive to have a positive impact and leave a positive impression on everyone you meet. You want to be a part of building something you can be proud of.
This job can adapt to your knowledge and interest in backend development, frontend development, design, and growth. Core experience should include:
- 3+ years of experience developing for the web
- Track record of shipping features which work.
- Great communication skills
- A kind and generous attitude towards customers and coworkers alike
- An appreciation and understanding of unit and integration testing
- Experience with React and/or Angular
- Experience with relational databases such as PostgreSQL
- Experience building APIs which enable others to build great things
- Experience with using analytics and A/B testing to power growth in users and revenue
- Experience integrating with v8
- Experience building distributed datastores
What Makes Us Special
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company, we also have a soul. Our vision is driven by a belief that the Internet should be fair and open to all. Without the protection of Cloudflare thousands of sites, including many non-profits, would not be able to stay online. We not only provide our highest level of protection free to many of these advocacy and human rights organizations, we also provide a free tier of service to every site on the Internet which choses to use Cloudflare. If you believe in a free and open Internet, Cloudflare is the right place for you.
This job is available in both Austin, TX and San Francisco, CA. Relocation assistance will be provided. Cloudflare is a security company. A successful background check is required for employment.
Cloudflare hires the best people based on an evaluation of their abilities and effectiveness. We don't discriminate against employees on the basis of any other personal characteristic or any classification protected by federal, state or local law.