Lead Product Designer, San Francisco
We’re a group of people that love to learn, collaborate and solve large-scale problems. 2018 is a big year for us, and we’re looking for an inquisitive, curious and talented Product Designer to join our team.
Cloudflare is an exciting, fast-paced and supportive place to work and grow. We currently sit in front of almost 10% of global internet traffic, and we’re growing every day. Your work will impact and influence the user experience of a product used by millions of people daily. As a Cloudflare Product Designer, you will work closely with other designers, engineers, product managers, and other cross-functional stakeholders.
If you’re a systems-thinking Product Designer who’s excited to work on big, meaningful and complex problems with real-world impact, come help us make the Internet better! We’d love to hear from you.
- Lead critique and review sessions - inspire the team to constantly improve.
- Understand and distill complex, broad concepts into beautiful and functional mockups and prototypes.
- Develop and present research, journey-maps, taskflows, user flows and wireframes to effectively communicate ideas.
- Think, strategize and communicate at a high-level about product vision.
- Apply your skills throughout the product life-cycle including research, sketches, wireframes, interaction and visual design through prototyping and usability testing.
- Influence and contribute to internal process and design culture.
- Share what you learn internally and with the broader public designer and developer communities.
- Ability to develop and champion an open culture of design leadership based on trust.
- Clearly and effectively formulate direction and strategy for the team to build consensus.
- Demonstrated talent and passion for designing end-to-end user experiences.
- Deep empathy with, and understanding of users’ needs.
- Minimum BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience in UX, Product and/or Service Design.
- 7+ years product/UX design experience.
What Makes Us Special
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet. In 2014, we launched Project Galileo, an initiative through which we partner with global NGOs to identify websites at risk of attack and provide the same state-of-the-art mitigation technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost. Project Galileo equips politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work.
Additionally, in 2016, we announced our partnership with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization that works with companies to create 18-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one. With the lofty goal of shaping the future of the Internet, we’re focused on recruiting the best and the brightest, no matter what.
Cloudflare is a security company. A successful background check is required for employment.
Cloudflare hires the best people based on an evaluation of their abilities and effectiveness. We don't discriminate against employees on the basis of any other personal characteristic or any classification protected by federal, state or local law.