At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today, Cloudflare runs one of the world’s largest distributed networks that powers more than 1.5 trillion pageviews each month across 5 million Internet properties. More than 10 percent of all global Internet requests flow through Cloudflare’s network. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code.
Our customers range from Fortune 500 companies and nonprofits to small businesses and budding entrepreneurs. Every day, about 12,000 new customers sign up. We’re working to create a faster, more secure, and more reliable experience for anyone online and given the scale at which we operate, our mission is big. Our team is hard at work shaping the future of the Internet by solving some of its toughest challenges. Come join us.
IT Manager - General & Administrative Systems
The IT Manager - General & Administrative Systems drives the technical strategy, design, implementation, maintenance and support for the Enterprise Resource Planning, Billing and Human Resource Management systems for Cloudflare’s business. He/She works closely with the stakeholders and key users to understand short and long term business goals, and collaborate on plans to define and implement the technology to achieve those goals. The IT Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day activities and management of resources for the development, maintenance and support of the ERP and HR systems that are used throughout the global enterprise. This role is a key member of the Information Technology (IT) leadership team and reports directly to the Head of IT.
- Analyze business requirements to develop solutions to solve business problems
- Functions as part of the team to analyze solutions, and make and execute recommendations that align with organizational goals
- Manage resources that supports Cloudflare’s ERP and HR application portfolio
- Drive the definition and implementation of IT application controls in support of PCI, SOX, etc.
- Utilize methodologies and develops standards for application development
- Develop comprehensive test plans, implementation plans, and project timelines with carefully defined goals and objectives; specified timelines and ongoing benchmarks for success.
- Stay abreast of how technology infrastructures are currently impacting and driving competitors.
- Very comfortable working with Business Users in a peer relationship.
- Write functional requirements/specifications documents.
- Assess vendor development/test strategies.
- Solve complex problems with many variables.
- Develop and lead a team in the delivery of systems and projects that create competitive advantages for Cloudflare.
- Create a strong technical application group trained in the latest technologies, processes and tools to meet the current and future needs of the business
- Exercise strong business and financial acumen, manages departmental and project budgets
- Continuously improve operational metrics, user experience and speed of delivery.
- Build on existing systems infrastructure to grow and scale the company
- Supervise and manage extended team of IT Professionals and vendors
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant applications development work experience with a successful track record of progressive responsibility
- Experience in leading the implementation and support of ERP, Billing and HR systems for a high-growth technology environment
- Working knowledge of NetSuite ERP
- Knowledge of subscription-based billing systems
- Proven ability to manage internal and external resources that are local and off-premise.
- Strong leadership, project management and interpersonal skills including collaboration, influencing & aligning.
- Confident with executive-level management to negotiate and to influence policy-making.
- Effective decision making and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. /B.S.) or equivalent in computer science, engineering, business administration or related discipline. MBA or other relevant graduate degree preferred
- Skilled in cloud-based systems and security
- Knowledge of Oracle database
- Working knowledge of Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools
What Makes Us Special
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet. In 2014, we launched Project Galileo, an initiative through which we partner with global NGOs to identify websites at risk of attack and provide the same state-of-the-art mitigation technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost. Project Galileo equips politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work.
Additionally, in 2016, we announced our partnership with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization that works with companies to create 18-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one. With the lofty goal of shaping the future of the Internet, we’re focused on recruiting the best and the brightest, no matter what.
Cloudflare is a security company. A successful background check is required for employment.
Cloudflare hires the best people based on an evaluation of their abilities and effectiveness. We don't discriminate against employees on the basis of any other personal characteristic or any classification protected by federal, state or local law.