Cloud Chamber is looking for a creative Lead Lighting artist with a flair for the dramatic. As a master of your craft you walk the razor’s edge between art and technology. You speak the language of lighting and inherently understand how it can manipulate the feeling of a shot. You confidently understand how to best compliment story, action, and setting through the composition of light and atmosphere.
You are a mature and thoughtful Leader who knows when to take charge and when to allow your team to forge their own path. As a team you will help us develop the lens through which the player will experience BioShock.
- Lead a team of lighting artists and provide guidance, feedback, and mentorship to ensure high-quality results.
- Establish art best practices and standards within the team to drive productivity, quality, and excellence.
- Foster a positive, proactive, and agile work environment that encourages innovation and collaboration.
- Collaborate closely with the Art Director, and other leads, to understand and uphold the visual style and direction for lighting.
- Develop and maintain a consistent and efficient lighting pipeline and workflows, acting as the primary point of contact for issues, proactively resolving problems and addressing roadblocks.
- Research and implement new techniques and technologies related to lighting with the goal of continuous development and improvement.
- Collaborate with our Core Tech Team to ensure adherence to technical specifications and optimization requirements for real-time rendering engines.
- Collaborate with production and scheduling teams to define realistic timelines and manage project priorities.
- Work closely with other groups within the art department to achieve cohesive and visually stunning results.
- Continuously monitor project progress with an eye for improvement and optimization, providing updates to cross-functional stakeholders, and adjusting priorities as needed.
- Receive and apply constructive feedback as part of our iterative process effectively while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Maintain the values of Cloud Chamber.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Proven experience as an Art Lead, with a history of successfully delivering large scale AAA games.
- Practical knowledge of Unreal 5 and Lumen’s lighting tools, and in particular the Deferred Lighting renderer.
- Champion of high standards, pushing for progress, embracing change, and challenging the status quo.
- Experience with project management tools and methodologies, specifically Jira.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and manage a team in a fast-paced creative environment.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills, with a focus on results and driving projects forward.
- Ability to discuss, support, and advocate personal opinions while being receptive to differing viewpoints.
- Exceptional visual communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
- Track record of successfully recruiting, developing, mentoring, and retaining top talent.
- Experience managing a team of artists; skills development, work output, career development, general health and mental well-being.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Highly detail-oriented, deadline-driven, and able to embrace change for a fast-growing organization.
- Uncompromising ethics and unwavering integrity.
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com accounts.