Cloud Chamber is looking for an enthusiastic Lead Environment Modeler to mentor and develop an internal team of environment prop modelers who will shape and bring life to the world of BioShock.
You will manage and support your team in the creation of eye-catching, high-quality, prop pieces, materials, and environments. You will collaborate closely with other disciplines within the art team, work with other Leads, and Directors to ensure the vision of the project is showcased in your team’s work. As a manager it will be your job to continuously level up your team in game development best practices, industry standards, and advise them in how to craft assets to breathtaking effect.
Use your creativity and expertise to establish the visual bar for all art assets, and work with your team to meet or exceed those standards. You are a leader who understands the flow of mentoring and supporting a team, while handling the demands of a creative and bold project.
- Manage and mentor a team of artists, ensuring that each has clear, concrete tasks, goals, and regular constructive feedback.
- Work closely with Directors to champion and implement the vision of the project.
- Create visually appealing, 3D models of natural and architectural elements based on concept art and/or photo reference while extracting the best details and exaggerating those to a point of caricature.
- Partner with Production to arrange meetings, identify issues, create milestone roadmaps, and continuously work to improve departmental and interdepartmental communication.
- Educate and inspire your team and set the example for a positive collaborative process.
- Work with other departments to perfect workflows and technologies for an improved content creation processes.
- Create and compose modular kits and collection sets to form dramatic, believable spaces.
- Communicate effectively with team members to ensure consistency.
- Receive and apply feedback effectively while maintaining a positive outlook.
- Document workflows, help recruit and establish onboarding and team training for the modeling team regarding related tools and processes.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- 7+ years of experience creating high-quality 3D architecture, environments, and props for AAA games and at least 1 shipped title
- Previous experience leading a group of artists on at least one AAA project
- Experience marrying the spirit of concept art and direction with your own point of view in order to expand on any idea, scene, or asset
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 and/or 5 is highly desired
- Foundation in traditional art with strong ability to concept ideas
- Strong understanding of how objects and architecture are built in the real world
- Highly proficient in 3Ds Max, Maya, Blender and Photoshop
- Proficient in Z-Brush and Substance Painter
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction
- Highly skilled in hard surface modeling
- Strong aesthetic appreciation for composition, proportion, mass, volume, light, lighting and color. Good eye for props and architecture
- A love for research, reference, and documenting your findings to share with the team
- A deep desire to nurture a team, push technological boundaries, and create spectacular PBR stylized assets
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com accounts.