Cloud Chamber is looking for a Senior Technical Designer to work closely with members of the distributed design team and tackle sophisticated technical challenges. This role will work closely with engineering and game design teams to ensure uniformity of approach. Nimble of mind and flexible in thought our Senior Technical Designer needs to be a design acrobat who can deftly balance the dream of an innovative and ambitious game with the reality of performance and memory constraints.
As a Senior Technical Designer at Cloud Chamber you will be responsible for contributing to the creation and maintenance of pipelines and tool suites as well as developing and standardizing methodologies in support of both general level design, world creation, and bespoke gameplay encounters.
- Assist individual designers on an as-needed basis to get their gameplay on-screen and playable.
- Prototype game content to help define and clarify desired tool needs.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to ensure adherence to budget constraints.
- Put your stamp on the project by developing, evangelizing, optimizing and enforcing best practices and guidelines related to design workflows and authoring.
- Create and maintain detailed living documentation.
- Identify and resolve bottlenecks in tool chains and authoring approaches.
- Own pipelines and tools in support of design authoring.
- Provide deep analysis of implemented game content to target optimization and performance opportunities.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- 5 to 7 years of experience in AAA game development in a technical capacity.
- Fluency in UE4 strongly desired, but not mandatory.
- Game engine experience in design and content creation pipelines, performance optimization and best practices.
- Exceptional documentation and organization skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Previous experience with distributed development preferred, but not required.
- Engineering background a plus.
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our passion and love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us we’d love to meet you! Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com email accounts.