Cloud Chamber is looking for a creative and ardent Senior Combat Designer to join our team to create industry-leading combat gameplay. You are an expert in your field and want to create incredible, compelling content. You're also excited by pushing boundaries, and experimental gameplay. We’ve set the stage for a stunning narrative and systems-driven experience, come help us breathe life into this fantastical world.
- Work with a team of designers entrusted with implementing combat gameplay content in an immersive sandbox world .
- Help solidify best practices and workflows conducive to consistency and deliverability of game content within your team.
- Participate in the cross-pollination of ideas and sharing of knowledge amongst content creators.
- Support and mentor more junior designers in their career progression.
- Help build and refine the combat systems development and the gameplay framework for encounters.
- Collaborate with other developers to build an FPS combat paradigm that is accessible, satisfying, and allows for a high degree of player expression and experimentation within a highly reactive world.
- Get creative: look beyond direct conflict, accommodate various play-styles and design encounters that can be resolved through player ingenuity.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
You love the idea of player expression, and get excited by emergent design and experiences. You are adept at good encounter design and understanding how AI, tactical space, and player verbs combine to create magic in both scripted and unscripted settings.
- 5+ years of experience as a Combat Designer or a similar role
- Shipped an FPS & AAA title, a plus
- Proven experience in executing an idea from concept to ship.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and solutions oriented.
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills.
- A desire to work in a closely collaborative environment.
- Knowledge of current game trends in technology.
- A deep love of games, with a desire to push the medium forward.
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us we’d love to meet you! Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com accounts.