Cloud Chamber is looking for an innovative Technical Artist to support our team with tools and techniques in building our current and future games. The Technical Artist will also empower the artists to create new worlds by building the tools they need, and the ones they don’t know they need yet. We are searching for someone with a deep Houdini knowledge, who knows how games are built and how to build tools that make the impossible possible. Someone that will work hand in hand with the Art and Tech teams to build things that have never been seen before.
- Use Houdini to develop tools for procedural world building.
- Work with the art and tech art team to create tools to allow artists to spend more time filling in broad creative strokes and less filling in mundane details.
- Integrate Houdini tools into the Unreal Engine.
- Work with tech art and engineering to make sure large data sets for the world can be re-built and managed correctly.
- Develop tools that allow artists to generate assets quickly to match a certain artistic style.
- Manage documentation and training for tools that you create.
- Make sure assets created from your tools are performant and high quality in the game.
Skills, experience et qualifications:
- Broad knowledge of VEX and Python.
- A proven experience of creating and maintaining SOP based tools.
- A deep understanding of Houdini Engine.
- Understanding of 3D Math functions (linear algebra & vector math) for real time graphics.
- Knowledge of one or more 3D DCC tools. (3dsMax, Maya…).
- Knowledge of one or more texture creation tools (Substance Painter & Designer, Photoshop…).
- Knowledge of the Unreal Engine toolset.
- Experience in creating solutions in node-based editors.
- Experience in creating and maintaining blueprint solutions.
- Experience in creating DOP based simulations.
- Excellent understanding of Pixel & Vertex Shaders.
- Great communication skills and a positive attitude.
- Familiarity with the creation of user-friendly tools and systems that enable artists.
Nice to have:
- Experience using profiling tools for performance reviews and optimizations.
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our passion and love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us, we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees, we only use 2K.com email accounts.