Cloud Chamber is looking for an enthusiastic Senior VFX artist to join our global studio to fabricate spectacular visual effects for the next BioShock. You will be responsible for shaping the moving parts of a compelling game world. As a creative powerhouse you love to solve thorny visual communication problems while simultaneously delivering a jaw-droppingly beautiful end-product. You are a collaborator who can help drive progress across the board when it comes to visual effects, from game systems, to cinematic moments and set pieces. Working closely with the Lead VFX Artist you will push creative and technical boundaries to set the stage for a stunning narrative and systems driven experience.
- Provide mentorship, feedback, and training to VFX artists.
- Create high quality visual effects.
- Collaborate with other artists and departments to achieve the desired look and feel for your effects.
- Work closely with your Lead and to carry the vision of the project forward.
- Work within the established artistic style for effects and create a consistent look across the project.
- Create effects in a variety of packages using Unreal or similar software.
- Quickly prototype and iterate; give constructive feedback where necessary and make suggestions for improvement.
- Collaborate with the technical team to create visual effects that support gameplay.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
You are a transformative artist and approach your craft with zeal. You have a bottomless bag of skills, are fluent in a variety of VFX creation methods, and can equally deliver realistic and fantastical effects. More than anything else you inspire your team to join you on the journey to achieve amazing results.
- 5+ years experience creating VFX for AAA games.
- Advanced knowledge of Photoshop/3DsMax or Maya, After Effects, etc.
- Experience using a game Engine, preferably Unreal or comparable engines (e.g. Frostbyte, Crytech, idTech, etc.).
- Knowledge of Unreal’s tools; Sequencer and Material Editor.
- Able to work in both cinematic and gameplay capacity, with a respectful eye on performance.
- Excellent communication skills; verbal, written, and visual.
- Experience in developing quality effects under runtime constraints.
- Able to collaborate and work well with others.
- Solutions oriented, proactive problem solver.
- A critical eye for timing, animation, and motion of real-world objects as well as mind-bending, fantastical VFX.
- Experience ensuring art assets can be easily integrated into a game without sacrificing the artistic vision or exceeding the platform’s technical limits.
- Experience in secondary areas such as texturing, modeling, skinning, animation, or lighting.
- A love for research, reference, and documenting your findings to share with the team.
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our passion and love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com email accounts.