Cloud Chamber is looking for a curious and bold Senior Level Designer to join our global team of developers. It will be your job to create memorable gameplay encounters for the player within the stunning narrative and systems-driven experience of BioShock. You are collaborative, compassionate, and authentic by nature. You will be an integral part of the design team that is breathing life into a new and fantastical world.
- Implement major quests for the narrative of the project
- Design and block out world geometry
- Collaborate closely with world architects on layout, and other teams as need implement the creative vision of the project
- Take the initiative on solving difficult or novel cross-disciplinary sequences or sections of content, and see them through from initial conception to completion
- Work with multi-disciplinary strike teams to improve the game in various focus areas (combat, AI, progression, exploration, narrative, etc)
- Apply your years of experience and knowledge to mentor junior designers and encourage them to grow their skills
- Design and implement other scripted and systemic content throughout the game world
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
As a collaboratively minded designer you are eager to work with a global design team to pitch and develop playable game content. You are a dreamer and a creator who isn't shy about sharing your ideas. At Cloud Chamber we encourage design theory discourse and the free exchange of ideas. You’re able to give constructive feedback and receive it as well. You’re a game; always playing the next, new thing, often revisiting the oldies as well, learning from what you’ve played, good and bad, and sharing your findings with the team.
- Shipped at least one AAA title as a designer
- 5+ years professional experience in video game design
- Self-motivated with an eye for solution-based problem solving
- Previous experience with Unreal a plus
- Able to collaborate well across time zones in a global, multi-site organization
- Able to work well independently, in small pods, and in larger collaborative teams
- Able to succinctly and effectively document your work
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle opposing priorities
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our passion and love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us we’d love to meet you! Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com email accounts.