Cloud Chamber is looking for an enthusiastic and organized External Art Lead to join our studio of talented game developers in creating the next BioShock. You will work closely with the lead artists and producers to define and manage the relationships with our external development partners. You are an outstanding collaborator, a scheduling genius, and an empathetic leader whose goal is to unblock and support the art teams so they can focus on crafting spectacular art!
- Collect asset creation guidelines from lead artists to provide to the external teams
- Manage day to day communication with the external teams on behalf of the art team, seeking clarification from leads or art direction when necessary
- Nurture relationships with external partners and train them to meet our high standards
- Complete first pass evaluation of external assets against established guidelines and technical quality
- Act as a facilitator for feedback and communication between the art team and the external teams as needed
- Work with the art and animation teams to implement external assets into the pipeline
- Work closely with production to ensure on-time delivery of assets, meeting milestones and staying within budget
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- 5-7 years of game development experience as an artist, producer or in art management
- Significant experience interacting with or directing external art efforts
- Excellent knowledge of the current standards of art in the game industry
- Working knowledge of, and the ability to critique, art assets for AAA game development
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills (timekeeping, scheduling, etc.)
- Ability and willingness to cope with changes to requirements as a project evolves
- Ability to work well even under pressure of tight deadlines
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us we’d love to meet you! Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com accounts.