Do you love inspiring others and tackling challenging assignments head-on? We want you to help us breathe life into a new and fantastical world. Your primary responsibility will be the creation of exemplary cinematic animation. We need you to set the standards that educate and inspire our team!
- Collaborate with Leads and Directors, developing high-end cinematic animations and creating high-end hand-keyed animations.
- Contributing to developing our cinematic pipeline and workflows.
- Editing mocap data to stylize the character animations to fit the artistic style of the game.
- Strong understanding and experience in creating facial performance both keyframed and from facial capture.
- Experience working with a FACS facial rig.
- Ability and desire to help animate in many areas of game development and understanding of cinematic storytelling and composition.
- Planning and participating in motion capture shoots.
- Participate in reviews with the cinematics team, giving and receiving team feedback.
- Communicate with individuals in other disciplines from model, art to design and engineering.
- Understanding the scope and risks of the project and being a game developer first, thinking about how your animations are going to look and feel while playing the game.
- Estimating the time required to carry out your own tasks and to meet deadlines.
- Being able to quickly draft animation to prove ideas.
- Providing knowledge and solutions for everyday problems.
- Sharing own experience and helping the less experienced members of the team.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
You have experience working within cross-discipline strike teams on collaborative assignments. You are someone who sets an example for a positive collaborative process. You are self-motivated, have great communication skills, and possess a great team-player attitude! We’re looking for someone who loves animation!
- 5+ years of experience as Cinematic Animator or Gameplay Animator.
- Shipped multiple AAA titles, ideally using Unreal or a comparable engine.
- Exceptional knowledge of how to create and maintain cinematic systems as they pertain to video game animation.
- Solid experience with Maya and Unreal, including Sequencer.
- Animation graph and data integration experience a plus.
- Mocap cleanup and keyframe animation experience.
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills.
- A very strong understanding of character performance, form, gesture, and silhouette in regard to player character and AI.
- Experience in gameplay animation, a plus.
- Excellent understanding of anatomy and caricature.
- Exceptional skill in animating the human bipedal figure, organic forms, quadrupedal, and mechanical objects.
- An exemplary understanding of traditional animation principles and how they support and enhance gameplay.
- Experience working with Motion Capture data and pipelines.
- Experience with hand key facial animation.
- A love for research, reference, and documenting your findings to share with the team.
- Strong collaborative and flexible spirit.
- Mentorship, coaching, and training experience, a plus.
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com accounts.