Cloud Chamber is looking for a Visual Effects Lead to join our global studio and champion the VFX efforts for the next BioShock. You will be responsible for mentoring, inspiring, and managing a team of incredibly talented visual effects artists. As a member of the leadership team at Cloud Chamber it is your responsibility to embrace and uphold the values of our studio community, support your team to be their best selves, and strive for excellence within your department. Let’s have a little fun at the same time!
- Manage and mentor a team of VFX artists, ensuring that each has clear, concrete tasks, goals, and regular constructive feedback.
- Collaborate with other artists and departments to achieve the desired look and feel for your effects.
- Work closely with Directors and other leads to carry the vision of the project forward.
- Partner with Production to arrange meetings, identify issues, create milestone roadmaps, and continuously work to improve departmental and interdepartmental communication.
- Establish the artistic style for effects and consistent look across the project.
- Create high quality visual effects in a variety of packages using Unreal or similar software.
- Quickly prototype and iterate; give constructive feedback where necessary and make suggestions for improvement.
- Collaborate with the technical team to ensure that your team’s visual effects support gameplay.
- Work with other departments to perfect workflows and technologies for an improved content creation processes.
- Document workflows, help recruit and establish onboarding and team training for the VFX team regarding related tools and processes.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
You are a talented VFX artist with empathetic leadership skills; you want your team to do well as artists and as people. On the VFX side you have a bottomless bag of skills, are fluent in a variety of VFX creation methods, and can equally deliver realistic and fantastical effects. More than anything else you inspire your team to achieve amazing results.
- 7+ years experience creating VFX for AAA games.
- Previous experience leading a team of VFX artists on a game project.
- Advanced knowledge of Photoshop/3DsMax or Maya, After Effects, etc.
- Able to work in both cinematic and gameplay capacity, with a respectful eye on performance.
- Able to create everything from environment VFX to sci-fi VFX.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Experience in developing quality effects under runtime constraints.
- Able to create simulated effects for cinematics.
- Knowledge of Unreal’s tools, Sequencer and Material Editor in particular.
- Able to partner with other departments, and work well with others.
- Proactive problem solver.
- A love for research, reference, and documenting your findings to share with the team.
- A deep desire to nurture a team, push technological boundaries, and create jaw dropping visual effects.
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us we’d love to meet you! Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com accounts.