We are seeking a lead VFX artist to join our team – someone with exceptional management and VFX skills, fluent in a variety of FX creation methods, able to make both photorealistic and fantastical effects, and can inspire other VFX artists in both creative and technical process.
- Managing other VFX artists and bringing the team to create VFX on a high quality standard.
- Work closely with Directors and other leads to carry the vision forward.
- Effects creation in a variety of packages using Unreal or similar software.
- Able to quickly prototype and iterate.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
We are looking for someone who works closely with Art Direction and establishes artistic style. Someone who ensures consistent VFX look across the game. Collaborate with the entire Creative Team to create visual effects that support gameplay.Provide mentorship, feedback, and training to VFX artists.
- 3+ years in Games VFX with leadership experience
- Proven industry experience in Games or Film in generating visual effects
- Experienced with Photoshop/3DsMax or Maya, After Effects, etc.
- Able to work in both a cinematic and in-game capacity, with a respectful eye on performance
- Able to create everything from environment VFX to sci-fi VFX
- Strong Unreal skill set, our most common toolset
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Experienced at developing quality effects under runtime constraints
- Able to create simulated effects for cinematics
- Knowledge of Unreal’s tools, Sequencer and Material Editor in particular
- Able to collaborate and work well with others
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com accounts.