Cloud Chamber is looking for a Lead Lighting artist with a passion for theater and a flair for the dramatic. You will play a critical role in setting our stage as a primary artist. A strong personal point of view is appreciated around these parts as is a confident understanding of how to best compliment story, action, and setting through the composition of light and atmosphere. As a team we will develop the lens through which our audience will experience BioShock.
It is the lighting artist’s job to build upon the work of the other artists, while enhancing and supporting their work. Your talents are critical in pulling ideas together and unifying compositions. You are here to help us finish the thought.
Job Responsibilities Will Include:
- Building a lighting pipeline within the Unreal engine
- Managing the work and career development of lighting artists
- Scene lighting for both in-game and pre-rendered cinematics
- Shot composition and rendering of key art and marketing shots
- Coordination and collaboration with Cinematic and VFX Leads
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
A master of your craft, walking the razor’s edge of art and technology, you speak the language of lighting and inherently understand how it can define the feeling of a shot. You are a leader who knows when to take charge and when to allow your team to forge the path. Part master, part mentor; constantly pushing yourself to learn new things.
- 5 to 7 years of real-time lighting experience in Games, with an ability to generate final lighting and rendering
- Experience as a Lead Artist on one shipped AAA title
- Knowledge of Unreal’s lighting tools, and in particular the Deferred Lighting renderer
- Knowledge of UE Matinee
- Experience developing quality lighting under runtime constraints
- Experience managing a team of artists; skills development, work output, career development, general health and mental well-being
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our passion and love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us we’d love to meet you! Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com email accounts.