Do you love tackling challenging animation assignments head on? We need coachable and motivated up-and-coming talent to join our team! Your primary responsibility would be the creation of high-quality, and entertaining gameplay and AI animation.
- Using Autodesk Maya, start with basic animation assignments, such as character posing, and manipulating motion capture data, leading into more intermediate hand-key tasks and game-engine integration into UE4.
- You will support Senior and Principal Animators, while reporting to the Animation Lead, and Directors.
- You will work in multidisciplinary pods with Game Designers, Engineers, and Modelers, helping to create the various animation related features of the project.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
You have some experience working on collaborative assignments. You are humble, and an advocate for a positive collaborative process. You are self-motivated, have great communication skills, and possess a great team-player attitude! We are looking for someone who loves videogame animation!
- Having used Unreal or a comparable engine is highly desirable.
- Basic knowledge of how to create gameplay and/or AI animation systems as they pertain to videogames.
- A proven understanding of character performance, timing, gesture, posture, silhouette, and the principles of animation.
- Excellent understanding of anatomy and caricature.
- Skills in animating the human bipedal figure, organic forms, quadrupedal, and mechanical objects.
- Experience with hand key facial animation.
- Videogame animation and data integration experience, a plus.
- Experience working with\editing motion capture, a plus.
- Motivated to research, reference, and document before jumping into problem solving.
- Strong collaborative and flexible spirit.
- Hunger for knowledge and always striving to learn.
- Emergent problem solving and debugging skills.
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our passion and love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com accounts.