Cloud Chamber is looking for an extraordinarily organized and talented External Character Manager to create and run our global external character pipeline. You will work closely with Leads and Producers to define and handle our partnerships with external partners.
- Collect asset creation guidelines from the lead to provide to external partners
- Manage day to day communication with partners on behalf of the leads, seeking clarification from leads when necessary
- Cultivate relationships with the partners and provide them with training to meet our high standards
- Complete first pass evaluation of external character art assets against established guidelines and technical quality
- Act as a facilitator regarding feedback and communication between the leads and partners as needed
- Work with the art and animation teams to implement external assets into the pipeline
- Work closely with production to ensure timely delivery of assets, meeting milestones and staying within budget
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
You have a strong sense of service and a desire to support the character teams and has:
- 2-5 years of game development experience as a Character Artist, Producer or in a Character Art management role
- Significant experience interacting with or advising external character art efforts
- Excellent knowledge of the current standards of character art in the game industry
- Solid understanding of, and the ability to critique, character art assets for AAA game development
- Character art background and experience, a big asset
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills (timekeeping, scheduling, etc.)
- Proficiency with MS Office tools, project planning tools & game development
- Ability to cope with changes to requirements as a project evolves
- Ability to work well with tight schedules and with different time zones.
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our passion and love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com email accounts.