Working side-by-side with the other members of our stellar character team, the Senior Character Material Artist is in charge of creating a library of high-quality materials specialized for the characters of our games.
While the focus of this position is material creation we are looking for a very passionate and capable 3d artist that is not afraid to go beyond material creation and also loves modeling/sculpting high and low poly assets.
The Senior Character Material Artist is responsible for sculpting, modeling, texturing, organizing, improving, and maintaining our library of base materials while ensuring they adhere to the visual language and art direction of our projects.
- Create visually stunning stylized textures and materials for physically based rendering. Including modeling and sculpting as needed to support material pipeline workflows.
- Work closely with our lead artists and art director to establish the look and style of our character materials and surfaces.
- Work with engineering and technical art teams to ensure our materials and shaders are performant in-game.
- Collaborate closely with 3D artists and designers to understand the content needs of our projects.
- Work with the dev and tool teams to define necessary tool and pipeline improvements.
- Create extremely high-quality materials that sets the quality bar for both in-house and outsourcing artists.
- Maintain and organize the material library.
- Review in-house and outsourced materials in tandem with the lead character artist, providing feedback and criticism in a positive and comprehensive way.
- Contribute actively to a positive and healthy relationship within our team.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
We are looking for an experienced game developer that is a real team player and thrives working closely within a team of very engaged artists.
We love working with people that believe in the do-it-yourself punk mentality when it comes to game development and are not shy to try out different programs, workflows, art styles or disciplines all together in order to innovate and push their art and projects to new heights.
We revere doers that are not precious about their work, push themselves and are always on the hunt for the next big thing to learn.
- Experience with shader networks and procedural texturing.
- Experience creating stylized and PBR materials.
- Strong knowledge of texturing software, preferably Substance Designer and Painter.
- Strong modeling and sculpting skills.
- Great work ethic with the ability to work autonomously while maintaining high quality output.
- Familiar working with Perforce.
- Strong curiosity and ability to learn new areas of art development.
- Proven ability to work well within a team and experience working within cross-discipline strike teams on collaborative assignments.
- Experience using Unreal Engine 4 or comparable engine.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent creative problem-solving skills.
- Great organization, communication, and interpersonal skills.
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com accounts.