Cloud Chamber is looking for a Technical Artist to help bring our stylized game to life. You will be working in close collaboration with the Lead Technical Artist, other Technical Artists, Art Departements Leads and Tools Engineers to help select, prepare, and adapt tools that will be used throughout the graphic aspect of production.
We are looking for someone who can help on designing and implementing art pipelines as well as designing, building and maintaining scripts for the art team. You should be comfortable troubleshooting problems and find appropriate solutions, assist the team in learning new technologies and processes, and develop 3D art pipeline tools and extensions with an eye towards usability and efficiency.
Skills, Experience et qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years experience in a digital art content creation pipeline, ideally in the video game industry.
- Professional experience as a technical artist/tools programmer.
- Knowledge of high level coding language. (Python, MaxScript, Perl, C#, QT. etc.).
- Experience in developing custom tools for Digital Content Creation tools (Maya, Max, etc.).
- Expert in modelling and art tools (Autodesk Maya, 3DS Max, Photoshop, etc.).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with technical documentation.
Other Recommended Skills:
- Experience with game editors and engines is considered a plus;
- Experience with shader development in a 3D modeling package (e.g. 3DsMax) and/or game engine (e.g. Unreal Engine).
- Experience in rigging and animation.
- Knowledge of additional scripting languages: Java Script, VB.
- Knowledge of Houdini or other similar software.
- Ability to multitask and work under deadlines.
- BS / BA degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Graphic Arts, Art or a related field preferred.
- Experience on current and next-gen consoles.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the video game development processes and techniques.
- Strong understanding of technical issues related to performance in real-time engines.
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our passion and love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com accounts.