Cloud Chamber is looking for an environment artist to join us and construct set pieces, assets, and compose modular kits to build believable gameplay spaces. In this role you will help us create stunning visuals for an immersive world. Reporting to the Lead Environment Artist and working alongside the Environment Art Team and others in the Art department, you will realize and push forward the vision our Creative and Art Directors have set forth for the next installment of the BioShock franchise!
- Work side-by-side with Modelers and Level Designers to create beautiful environments that tell a story. Together we will set the stage for a stunning narrative and systems driven experience.
- Create and compose modular kits and collection sets to form dramatic, believable spaces that run smoothly.
- Communicate effectively with team members and production to ensure that project goals and deadlines are met
- Adhere to world building and modeling processes, alignment decks, documentation and tutorials, and ensure that quality is maintained for environment art
- Receive, give, and apply feedback effectively while maintaining a positive attitude
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
You should have a good understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette regarding modeling and world building. You possess a solid understanding of architectural structure, industrial design, and the details necessary for crafting the building blocks of believable environments. Not to mention your superior eye for contrast, color, and detail in creating textures. Previous experience has left you with a strong understanding of shader set-up and process pipelines. You are someone who sets an example for a positive collaborative process.
- Experience working with industry standard game engines such as Unreal or a comparable engine (e.g. Frostbite, Crytech, idTech, etc.).
- Experience developing / shipping AAA title a plus!
- Experience working within cross-discipline pods on collaborative assignments.
- Self-motivated, excellent communication skills, and a great team-player attitude.
- Experience creating and maintaining asset libraries, organized by theme and function.
- Experience with in-engine material systems is a plus.
- Possess a love for research, reference, and documenting your findings to share with the team.
- Willingness to share knowledge with your peers as well as learning from them.
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com accounts.