Our team is looking for a Technical Animator to work closely with the animation and other teams on the project to push the creative vision and technical boundaries. Someone who understands animation principles, content authoring processes, efficient with various tools, and has the wits to quickly troubleshoot issues they or others may face.
- Create and maintain various complexity of rigs in Maya.
- Implement and set up assets in the game engine.
- Help troubleshoot issues relating to animation in both Maya and the game engine.
- Work closely with the team to refine workflows and content authoring processes.
- Support animators and others on the team.
- Contribute to tools and pipeline development.
- Create a written or video documentation to aid information sharing.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
You are that special someone with a very keen artistic eye and who loves to work their technical wizardry! You are a person who is truly passionate about their craft and enjoys supporting the team. You work towards understanding the whys of how something works and able to clearly communicate the findings to others. You have a thirst for knowledge, seeks wisdom, and takes joy in supporting others.
- Good understanding of animation principles.
- Knowledge of human anatomy, and understanding of how it relates to deformation rigs.
- Experience working with a game engine. (e.g. Unreal, Unity, or AAA proprietary game engines)
- Experience creating animator-friendly rigs in Maya.
- Production experience using custom animation and rigging tools in Maya.
- Some scripting experience in Python, and is looking to upgrade their programming skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in a large team environment.
- Experience with optimizing(e.g. lod, fps performance, memory footprint) assets for a game engine is a plus.
- Experience working with FACS based facial rig is a plus.
- Tools development experience in Python, and PySide2 or PyQt5 is a plus.
- Understanding object-oriented programming principles and practical usage is a plus.
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us, we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com accounts.