Cloud Chamber is looking for a Senior Designer to join our team and take on the responsibility for the development of our player character core mechanics, controls and first person camera design. This position stands at the intersection of design, animation and engineering and will coordinate the efforts of those groups to achieve standard-setting player feel and responsiveness. Ideally we’d like this person to ensure that design documentation is clear, actionable and that it supports the high-level direction provided by the Design Director and Lead Game Designer.
- Take ownership of the design process for player weapons and signature powers. Carry them from spec to final execution in collaboration with other disciplines through an iterative process.
- Responsible for tuning and balance of weapons and powers to deliver desired results.
- Create and maintain living design documentation that keeps pace with the project's schedule and accurately conveys all necessary information to related disciplines.
- Implement game content, prototypes, and tests using the in-house engine tools to facilitate development.
- Display leadership & organizational skills.
- Guide and mentor associate designers.
- Act as the central resource to coordinate multiple disciplines working on assigned design related tasks.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- 3Cs experience on at least two successful AAA titles.
- Five + years of console/PC game design experience.
- Shipped multiple console/PC titles in a design or technical capacity.
- Deep technical understanding of systems and design methods.
- Strong sense of the aesthetic quality and player-facing presentation required to achieve outstanding game feel.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Experience with Unreal Editor desired.
- Adept at first person shooter gameplay
- Up-to-date on leading industry quality benchmarks.
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our passion and love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com email accounts.