Cloud Chamber is looking for a UI/UX Designer with a strong interest in accessibility design to join our team and help build the bridge that allows players to experience the world of BioShock. Our ideal candidate will have a strong foundation in UX Design principles and the ability to create clear wireframes, user flows, and supporting documentation as well as a solid grasp of how to utilize graphic design and animation to communicate UI functionality and game state to the player.
- Work with UI team, and across disciplines, to design UI in accordance with art direction and systems design documents.
- Deliver assets for all stages of UX/UI design process. From wireframes to in-game asset creation. But with particular focus on early stage UX design considerations.
- Take ownership of accessibility plan and validation for the game UI and related game systems gameplay.
- Help to implement UI systems in Unreal using UMG blueprints.
- Help to develop UI best practices and workflows
- Initiate thought provoking conversations about how to use interaction design to communicate systems to players in a way that complements rather than distracts from the experience of being immersed in an amazing game world
- Constant analysis of the details and design decisions in UI
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Experience with 2D prototyping and mockup tools (Adobe CC applications, at least one UX prototyping application)
- Familiarity with and experience working with gaming accessibility concepts and guidelines
- Experience with Unreal engine and UMG/Slate
- A strong UI/UX portfolio with demonstrated ability developing AAA games for console and PC
- Experience working on a successfully shipped AAA title as UI/UX designer
- Ability to contribute to the design and implementation of UI systems in a thoughtful way
- Curiosity about how different players think and interact with games
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
Oh, almost forgot to mention that we’re currently making the next BioShock. Our passion and love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us, we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com email accounts.