TOOLS PROGRAMMER (CORE TECH) - MONTREAL
Cloud Chamber is looking for a Tools Programmer to join our existing tools and tech team to work on Tools and Pipeline tasks for our content creation teams. You will work closely with Artists and Level Designers to create tools within UE4 to both create new workflows and improve existing ones.
- Work with the technical artists, artists, designers and other programmers to design and build new tools, and improve existing processes, that allow content creators to work efficiently and produce amazing results
- Build tools within UE4, along with any necessary work to interface with external content creation tools.
- Work with rendering and systems programmers to ensure that the runtime behaviour is also optimal. Ideal candidates will be proactive and happy to work across related programming boundaries instead of staying purely in the tools.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
Someone who enjoys collaborating with Artists and Designers to reduce iteration times and streamline their workflows. We hope that you will bring a passion for efficiency and take pride in allowing people to focus on creating instead of getting bogged down in cumbersome processes and inelegant UX. At Cloud Chamber, we prioritize tools and believe that it is critically important that artists be enabled to iterate quickly so that we can find the best game that it is possible for us to find.
- 3+ years games industry or related experience
- Previous experience working in a Tools programming Role
- Strong UX and workflow sensibilities
- Good C++ skills
- Any tools or scripting related languages, including C# and Python, a plus
- Ability to communicate technical ideas/concepts with non-technical devs
Other Recommended Skills:
- Any tools or scripting related languages, including C# and Python
- UE4 experience
- Experience with artist tools
- Familiarity with Rendering or Systems/Engine programming
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our passion and love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com account