As Senior Technical Audio Designer, you will work closely with the Audio Director and a multidisciplinary team and have the responsibility for leading the technical sound design aspects in planning, organizing, creating, implementing and maintaining all audio-related systems and associated content. You will deliver world class interactive sound design, design the audio systems, asset pipeline and tools, and deliver on the Creative Director’s and Audio Director’s vision for an ambitious AAA narratively-driven FPS project full of character and personality.
- Take a technical leadership role within the audio team to deliver world class audio
- Work closely with the Audio Director to help define and execute the details of the project audio direction
- Take responsibility for the design and features of audio systems
- Design and refine audio systems, tools and workflows to maximize quality and use of resources
- Design and script audio control logic
- Create or oversee creation of systemic audio content
- Collaborate with all audio sub-disciplines to ensure that music, voice and sound design assets are integrated and mixed to spec
- Work closely with other disciplines to improve workflows, optimize asset pipelines and achieve the vision for the game
- Be a central point for technical audio communication
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in AAA sound design
- 2 AAA/Major titles shipped in a Sound Design role
- Excellent understanding of broad range of technical systems
- Excellent scripting ability
- Clear and concise communicator, both written and verbal
- Detail oriented, able to refine and execute a plan and work out details
- Good understanding of audio development risks and mitigations
- Good sound design ability
- Reliable, dependable, diplomatic and able to humbly take on authority
- Strong knowledge of UE4 and Wwise
- Solid organizational and time management skills
- Experience working in various surround formats
- A passion for making games
Bonus points if you have:
- Strong understanding of theoretical and practical audio engineering principles & techniques
- FPS / Action game experience
- RPG experience
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com accounts.