We are looking for an Audio Lead to work closely with the Audio Director and a multidisciplinary team and have the responsibility for leading other sound designers in planning, organizing, creating, implementing and maintaining all audio-related content. You will deliver world class interactive sound design, help design the audio systems, asset pipeline and tools, and deliver on the Creative Director’s and Audio Director’s vision for an ambitious AAA narratively-driven FPS project full of character and personality.
Take a leadership role with an audio team to deliver world-class audio. You will work closely with the Audio Director to help define and execute the details of the project audio direction
- Mentor sound designers and share knowledge with the rest of the audio team
- Concept, create and integrate world class interactive and linear sound design in Wwise and UE4
- Design and refine audio systems, tools and workflows to maximize quality and use of resources
- Design and script audio control logic
- Mix and master audio assets and systems
- Provide input on the design and features of audio systems
- Work with all audio sub-disciplines to ensure that music, voice and sound design assets are created, integrated and mixed to spec
- Oversee field recording sessions
- Work closely with other disciplines to improve workflows, optimize asset pipelines and achieve the vision for the game
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
You are an audio expert with solid organizational and time management skills, which pair nicely with your strong written and verbal communications skills. You lead by example with a passion and drive for what you do. You have the experience to support your team of audio designers to deliver high quality in an efficient manner.
- 8 years’ experience in AAA sound design
- At least 4 AAA/Major titles shipped in a Sound Design role
- At least 1 AAA/Major titles shipped in an Audio Lead role
- Advanced knowledge of DAWs such as Pro Tools and Reaper, as well as sample editors and plug-ins
- High proficiency with Wwise
- High proficiency with UE4
- Strong proficiency with audio scripting
- Strong understanding of theoretical and practical audio engineering principles & techniques
- Experience working in various surround formats.
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates these qualities
- A passion for making games
Bonus if you have experience with:
- Music editing
- FPS / Action game experience
- Interactive music implementation
- Foley editing
- Field recording
- In-depth understanding of UE4 blueprints
- Experience with distributed development
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com accounts.