We are looking for a Senior Weapons Artist to join our Cloud Chamber Modeling team and deliver high-quality assets. Reporting to the Lead Modeler, the senior weapons artist collaborates with other team members, leads and directors to create very high-quality assets.
In this role, you will contribute to carrying forward the artistic vision and use your expertise to establish the visual bar for the game weapons for the next installment of the BioShock franchise.
- Create visually appealing, hard-surface 3D models based on concept art and/or photo reference while extracting the best / brightest details and exaggerating those to the point of caricature.
- Highly contribute to the establishment of the weapon modeling/texturing creation pipeline and look development
- Works closely with Art leads to ensure that the quality of the weapons is a match for the quality bar and vision for the game’s direction
- Communicate effectively with team members to ensure consistency and compliance for rigging and animation
- Receive and apply feedback effectively while maintaining a positive and collaborative attitude
- Love to share knowledge with other artists, mentoring and documenting improvements of pipelines and processes
- Use your strong knowledge of optimization and budgets for weapons for a AAA first-person game
- Adapt and streamline a new pipeline and processes and offer your problem-solving mindset to the team
- Will set a quality bar for both in-house artists and outsourcing partners
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
You love FPS games, and stylized weaponry is your forte! You enjoy crafting unique and detailed textures to enhance that awesome new gun concept, and you are naturally excited to learn and continuously improve your skills. You enjoy collaborating with your team, and across the artistic disciplines, you keep in mind the rigging requirement for your colleagues in the animation department and enjoy bouncing ideas with the concept artists to advance together the creative vision.
- 5+ years of experience creating very high-quality hard surface 3D models, firearms, weapons, and landmark props for AAA games and at least 1 shipped title as Weapon Artist or equivalent
- Experience with Lookdev for weapons, accessories, and upgrades
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4, an asset
- Strong understanding of how weapons are built in the real world (industrial design), with the ability to conceptualize new ideas
- Highly proficient in Maya, 3ds Max, or equivalent
- Skilled in Z-Brush, Marmoset, Substance Painter and Photoshop
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction
- Interest and dedication to advancing your craft, and eagerness to learn new techniques and software
*** A portfolio of your work demonstrating theses skills is required ***
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com accounts.