Development Quality Assurance Tools Specialist - Montreal
Who We Are
Hello! We’re Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
Oh, almost forgot to mention that we’re currently making the next BioShock!! I know, right? Our passion and love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
What We Need:
We are looking for a Dev QA Tools Specialist who will be responsible for testing and Quality Assurance tasks related to the various software development tools that we use at Cloud Chamber.
Our Dev QA Specialist will work alongside our programming team to identify issues that may hinder the work of our developers, investigate any frequently encountered issues, and test our projects in-engine using the latest changelists to identify issues before they go into the full cooked builds.
What You Will Do:
- Execute tests in various software such as Unreal Engine, etc. and report the results of those tests to project stakeholders
- Work directly with the development team to investigate and report issues in development software and editor programs
- Work alongside the QA Lead / Manager to determine, create, and execute test plans
- Regress resolved issues on a semi-frequent basis to confirm submitted fixes are well implemented
- Execute regular FQA tests against the daily cooked builds as needed, depending on project needs & priorities
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
The Dev QA team is the grease that keeps the cogs of production moving. To do this job well you should be detail-oriented, a critical thinker, and a pro-active problem solver. You are inquisitive, you ask “why?”, and “hmm, what would happen if I did this?” You’re able to work independently when necessary, and jump into a team structure when needed. Passion keeps us all going. Well, that and sugar and caffeine. But mostly passion! Are you interested in contributing to a world-class development team? Great! Your work will ensure we release a product of the highest quality.
- 2+ Years’ experience working in a QA Testing role
- Experience working with Unreal Engine
- Basic understanding of scripting languages and Database Querying
- Ability to work independently & autonomously, as well as part of a team
- Ability to accurately follow through on task instructions
- Ability to analyze patterns and anticipate potential problems
- Strong English communication skills (Written & Oral)
- Degree in a relevant field such as Computer Science, Game Design, Programming, etc.
- French communication skills (Written & Oral)
- Experience with JIRA
- Experience with game development tools such as Unity, Articy, Blender, Max, Maya, etc.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us, we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.