Development Quality Assurance Tester - Montreal
Who We Are
Hello! We’re Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
Oh, almost forgot to mention that we’re currently making the next BioShock!! I know, right? Our passion and love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
What We Need:
We are looking for a Dev QA Tester who can be responsible for testing the mechanics and features of the projects we are developing at Cloud Chamber, from core gameplay mechanics, to UI, Level Design, etc. and reporting on the status of the game and its features to the project stakeholders.
What You Will Do:
- Provide Functionality Testing and execute tasks as assigned by the QA Lead / Manager
- Create and Execute Test Plans and provide feedback to project stakeholders
- Create and send reports to project stakeholders
- Accurately identify and report issues into the bug tracking Database
- Re-test issues as they are resolved by developers (Regression testing)
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
The Dev QA team is the grease that keeps the cogs of production moving. To do this job well you should be detail-oriented, a critical thinker, and a pro-active problem solver. You are inquisitive, you ask “why?”, and “hmm, what would happen if I did this?” You’re able to work independently when necessary, and jump into a team structure when needed. Passion keeps us all going. Well, that and sugar and caffeine. But mostly passion! Are you interested in contributing to a world-class development team? Great! Your work will ensure we release a product of the highest quality.
- 2+ Years’ experience working in a QA Testing role
- Ability to work independently & autonomously, as well as part of a team
- Ability to accurately follow through on task instructions
- Strong English communication skills (Written & Oral)
- Degree in a relevant field such as Computer Science, Game Design, Programming, etc.
- French communication skills (Written & Oral)
- Experience with JIRA
- Experience with game development tools such as Unity, Articy, Blender, Max, Maya, etc.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us, we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.