SENIOR VOICE DESIGNER - MONTRÉAL
Who We Are
Hello! We’re Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
Oh, almost forgot to mention that we’re currently making the next BioShock!! I know, right? Our passion and love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
What We Need
Cloud Chamber is looking for a Senior Voice Designer to work closely with the Audio, Narrative, Cinematic and Game Design teams. You will be responsible for planning, organizing, implementing and maintaining all voice-related content over the course of the project.
We would like you to help design the dialogue systems, asset pipeline, and tools for the project. Using the Audio and Creative Directors’ vision as a guide, you will help deliver world class voice design for the next BioShock. This is an ambitious, narratively-driven project full of character and personality. Think of the possibilities!
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit
This is a dream project for an organized person with a passion for video games and a penchant for voice design. Under your care the audio files will fall in line and sing with order. Producers will fall at your feet at weep at the beauty you’ve wrought with your naming constraints. Heavy handed? You bet, but this job needs someone to take control, make everything fall in line, and operate smoothly. We know you can do it!
- At least one AAA title shipped in a similar role
- Proficiency with Wwise
- Proficiency with UE4
- Strong knowledge of DAWs such as Pro Tools and Reaper, as well as sample editors and plug-ins
- Solid organizational and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- A passion for making games
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates these qualities
Other useful experience
- AAA Sound design experience
- RPG experience
- In-depth understanding of UE4 Blueprints
- Experience with distributed development
What You Will Do:
- Take ownership of the pipeline, management, and integration of voice assets in the game
- Plan voice-recordings in collaboration with third-party providers
- Collect and organize the available data (Mocap voice recordings, studio voice recordings, ADR, robo-voice, etc..)
- Attend Voiceover and MoCap sessions in-house or in external studios with the Voice Director
- Participate in the preparation and development of voice content for Performance Capture sessions
- Develop and carry out and/or oversee sound treatment of voice such as level balancing and creative processing
- Participate in the planning of the voice production in collaboration with the Audio Director
- Make sure that the voice quality/levels meet the standard set by the Audio Director
- Debug, maintain and ensure the final product quality
- Coordinate outsourcing of elements of the dialogue production process
- Carry out all other related tasks
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us, we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.