AI GAMEPLAY PROGRAMMER - MONTREAL
Who We Are
Hello! We’re Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allow each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
Oh, almost forgot to mention that we’re currently making the next BioShock!! I know, right? Our passion and love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
What We Need
Someone to push further the development of our AI Systems in a strong narrative and systemic game. We have high ambitions for tying AI and storytelling together and it will be your responsibility to crystalize that ambition around several AI systems. You will be in close collaboration with Design leadership to flesh out the designs and finalize the implementations for an urban crowd system and the systemic tribal ecology of a sometimes hostile AI. You will lead the engineering side of those objectives. You will also be expected to help push our conception of what is possible in this arena doing as much to advance the ambition as you will attempt to build it.
Who We Think Will be a Great Fit
We think we are trying some new and ambitious things with AI in this game and we want someone comfortable with pushing the state of the art and experimenting with unproven ideas. We are looking for someone who believes in an iterative, experimental approach to game development. You should be able to move comfortably between design and engineering both collaborating and communicating ambition and limitations.
- 2+ years industry or related experience
- Previous experience working in an AI for video games programming role
- Strong math skills
- Strong C++ experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Current gen AAA console experience
What You Will Do
- Collaborate with Design to create a vision for a meaningful AI urban crowd system
- Own the architecture and implementation of everything in that vision
- Create intuitive Design-facing tools for authoring/scripting crowd behaviour
- Help identify any additional team members necessary to achieve these goals
- Help to push the envelope of what is possible with interactive crowd systems
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us, we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.