ASSOCIATE SYSTEMS PROGRAMMER – MONTREAL
Who we are
Hello! We’re Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
Oh, almost forgot to mention that we’re currently making the next BioShock!! I know, right? Our passion and love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
What We Need
We are looking for an Associate Systems Programmer to work in the Unreal engine and help to write and debug code to build and ship the game.
What You Will Do
- Write code that fulfills the functional and technical requirements of the project
- Under the supervision of the Lead Systems and Senior Programmers, help implement optimal engineering solutions
- Work in Unreal 4 to build new technology and adapt existing systems to fulfill the project’s technical requirements
- Learn and use new coding techniques and algorithms in order to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry
- Participate in the development of low-level systems like streaming, generic serialization, entity system and more
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or a minimum of 2 years of equivalent experience
- Experience on a game production, a plus
- Knowledge of multi-processor programming
- Experience working on systems or engines
- Good C++ skills
- Familiarity with Unreal engine, a big plus
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under reasonable deadlines
- Demonstrable initiative through personal projects and/or past internships
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us, we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.