SENIOR WORLD DESIGNER - MONTREAL
Who We Are:
Hello! We’re Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
Oh, almost forgot to mention that we’re currently making the next BioShock!! I know, right? Our passion and love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
What We Need:
We are looking for a dedicated, passionate and personable World Designer to join the team for an unannounced AAA first-person action game.
One of the most immediate challenges for the senior team will be helping in building a new studio up around them. It's a tremendous opportunity to not only help define the game experience, but contribute to the development of the team as a whole. All from the ground floor.
- Collaborate with level and narrative designers in creating memorable experiences for players throughout the living world
- Design and white box world structure and map layout to ensure missions, stories and gameplay concepts are paced, balanced and connected
- Design and create systemic world moments as well as bespoke quests that breathe life into the levels of the game
- Combine hand-crafted set-pieces and systemic interactions to create a “living” world that offers players variety at every step of the game
- Work closely with the writing and systems teams to ensure a cohesive whole
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
You care about the world you're building and passionate about game design. You research, plan and inspire. You're also excited by new ideas and experimentation.
- You’ve shipped at least one AAA title as a senior designer, and know what it takes to execute an idea from concept to ship
- You have experience managing process and a history of leading through example. Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude.
- And of course, we're looking for someone who knows, loves and plays games and cares deeply about pushing the medium forward
- Shipped at least one AAA title as a senior designer
- 5+ years professional experience in video game design
- Proficient with 3D world editing and scripting tools and workflows (we use UE4)
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us, we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.