SENIOR CINEMATIC ANIMATOR – MONTRÉAL
Who We Are
Hello! We’re Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
Oh, almost forgot to mention that we’re currently making the next BioShock!! I know, right? Our passion and love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
What You Will Do
Do you love inspiring others and tackling challenging assignments head on? We want you to help us breathe life into a new and fantastical world. Your primary responsibility will be the creation of exemplary animation. We need you to set the standards that educate and inspire our team!
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit
You have experience working within cross-discipline strike teams on collaborative assignments. You are someone who sets an example for a positive collaborative process. You are self-motivated, have great communication skills, and possess a great team-player attitude! We’re looking for someone who loves animation!
- Shipped multiple AAA titles, ideally using Unreal or a comparable engine
- Exceptional knowledge of how to create character and camera animations for cinematic or scripted scenes
- Ability to interpret storyboards and animatics, and turn them into fully animated sequences
- Excellent compositional skills, and knowledge of film visual language
- A very strong understanding of character performance, form, gesture, and silhouette
- Good understanding of anatomy and caricature
- Exceptional skill in animating the human bipedal figure, organic forms, quadrupedal, and mechanical objects
- An exemplary understanding of traditional animation principles
- Experience working with hand-key, motion capture data and pipelines
- Experience with hand key facial animation, and auto-generated lip sync tools
- Experience structuring & maintaining animation processes such as look dev and pre-viz
- A love for research, reference, and documenting your findings to share with the team
- Strong collaborative and flexible spirit
- Mentorship, coaching, and training experience is a bonus
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us, we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.