COMBAT DESIGNER - NOVATO, CA
Who We Are:
Hello! We’re Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
Oh, almost forgot to mention that we’re currently making the next BioShock!! I know, right? Our passion and love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
What We Need:
We are looking for a dedicated, passionate and personable Combat Designer to join the team and create industry-leading combat gameplay . You'll be the team's foremost expert in your field, and be an example for the rest of the team in your ability to inspire and create outstanding work. We want you to help us breathe life into a new and fantastical world. Together, we will set the stage for a stunning narrative and systems-driven experience.
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
You're an expert in your craft and want only to dive in and make incredible content. You've got a wealth of experience and information that you're excited to share with the team around you. You're also excited by pushing boundaries and trying risky experiments that haven't been seen before.
You love the idea of player expression, and get excited by emergent design and experiences. You're proficient at good encounter design, understanding how AI, tactical space, and player verbs combine to create magic in both scripted and unscripted settings.
- You’ve shipped at least one AAA title as a combat designer, and know what it takes to execute an idea from concept to ship
- You have Lead experience managing process and a history of leading through example.
- You are self-motivated with great communication skills and a desire to work in a collaborative environment.
- And of course, we're looking for someone who knows, loves, and plays games and who cares deeply about pushing the medium forward
What You Will Do:
- Take ownership over combat systems and the gameplay framework for encounters
- Develop an FPS combat paradigm that is accessible, satisfying, and allows for a high degree of player expression and experimentation within a highly reactive world
- Get creative: look beyond direct conflict, accommodate various play-styles and design encounters that can be resolved through player ingenuity
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us, we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.