SENIOR CINEMATIC ARTIST - MONTRÉAL
Who We Are:
Hello! We’re Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
That stuff all sounds great, but here’s the icing on the cake; we are making the 4th entry in the BioShock series with a team of storied BioShock veterans mixed with people new to the franchise who have been inspired by it for years.
What We Need:
In BioShock, narrative moments blend seamlessly and dramatically into captivating gameplay scenarios. Our Cinematic Artist will assemble animations, environment assets, visual effects, and audio – add drama with lighting and player triggering events - culminating into a Swiss-watch of dramatic impact. We are looking for an artist who can masterfully create the narrative first-person moments that exist along a continuum of fully interactive set-pieces in our game.
We are looking for people who have:
- A fantastic eye for onscreen composition of action
- Wes Anderson like precision and panache in your camera positioning and movements
- An impeccable sense of timing for triggering events that unfold to tell stories
- The ability to interpret storyboards and “plus them” with your own creative flourishes
- Experience with Unreal Sequencer or a similar real-time scene assembly tool for games
- A great sense of lighting for dramatic, theatrical effect
- A restless and relentless curiosity; eager to constantly branch out and able to communicate with VFX, Creative Direction, Narrative and Art and Game Design disciplines
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
You are a flexible, curious 3D generalist. You are able to craft supporting assets, simple particle effects, and materials. You posses a keen understanding of game lighting and general scene assembly. You are able to rough things in and flex your management skills by tasking other expert disciplines when you need custom elements like hero assets, VFX, sound, technical features, etc. You have a thorough grasp of cinematic storytelling techniques, but respect and understand of the difference between film and games.
- Your burning creative inspiration and motivation allow you to take loose ideas and make something amazing out of them –an in-game rock concert one day and an argument between two characters in a café the next
- Ideally you have a background in film or theater, with a technical aptitude and familiarity with modern game engines
- Experience working in a game engine is a must, Unreal experience is a plus
- General knowledge and experience working in a 3D package; Maya or Max
What You Will Do:
- Create and implement systemic, in-game, scripted cinematic sequences
- Work with the Narrative and Art teams to visually communicate key story elements
- Use your boundless creativity to diagnose and solve problems
- Act as the bridge between all disciplines to effectively communicate the creative vision and rally your forces to implement it
**To be considered for this role please provide a link to your reel of in-game cinematics, making sure to include a breakdown of your contributions to the work shown**
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us, we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people