SENIOR CHARACTER ARTIST – MONTREAL
Who We Are
Hello! We’re Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
Oh, almost forgot to mention that we’re currently making the next BioShock!! I know, right? Our passion and love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
What We Need
Do you love inspiring others and tackling challenges head-on? Do you have a passion for modelling amazing characters and creatures? We want you to help set the example, leading efforts to populate a new and fantastic world.
Work side by side with the other members of our amazing character team to carry the vision forward. Together we will set the stage for a stunning narrative and systems driven experience.
Your primary responsibility will be the creation of exemplary characters that inhabit our world. We need you to help set the standards that inspire the rest of our team and industry alike!
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit
You are someone who sets an example for a positive collaborative process. You’re able to work with the technical artists and animators to gracefully shape and maintain a cross-disciplinary relationship. You are an artist. You see the world with an artist’s eye and can’t wait to recreate what you experience, adding in your style and flair.
- Experience using Unreal or a comparable engine
- A great work ethic and the ability to work autonomously
- Experience working within cross-discipline strike teams on collaborative assignments
- A strong understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to modelling
- An exceptional understanding of human anatomy and a strong personal art style
- A superior eye for value, colour, and detail in creating textures - combined with a strong understanding of PBR
- Solid knowledge of high-poly modelling and digital sculpting
- A strong artistic vision to translate both organic and hard surface characters from concept to game-ready assets
- An understanding of next-generation content creation
- Experience with structuring & maintaining pipelines
- Proficiency in Maya, Zbrush, Marvelous Designer, Photoshop, and Substance Painter
- A background in traditional arts and media
- A passion for games and game development
- Excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
What You Will Do
- Work side-by-side with the artists on the character team, in step with the art directors, and carry the creative vision of this amazing franchise forward
- Create high-quality character art that adheres to next-gen technical specs while looking and functioning amazingly well in the engine
- Assist in the planning of content creation in collaboration with other character artists and the concept team
- Collaborate with all other disciplines to ensure that all character work meets the high-quality expectations set by the studio
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us, we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.